We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

This one needsa little bravery or trust

Grenada
Destination Expert
for Grenada
Level Contributor
3,356 posts
157 reviews
Save Topic
This one needsa little bravery or trust

Leave Grand Anse heading towards the airport. Keep on the main road, dont turn towards the airport but turn right at the next roundabout towards lance aux pines. 500m later turn right into a road called dusty highway (no sign of course.) then 100m on the right is a tyre and tuck repair place.

Above that is Rosies Cafe, the Grenadian equivalent of a truck stop or workers cafe. Its nothing to look at apart from being very clean, and its only open 10 till 4 BUT

They serve truly wonderful grenadian food. The best pig tail oil down or pork with rice and peas i have had anywhere. And with a fresh local juice it costs about 3-4 dollars a head. Give it a try for lunch, you'll be the only tourist there, till the news gets out... I have a relative working in construction on the new sandals there (which is another story) buu thats how i got to find it.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: This one needsa little bravery or trust

Oooh sounds good! Thanks for the tip. I love trying local places. Another one to add to the list.

2. Re: This one needsa little bravery or trust

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2014, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Grenada