We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spiced Rum

Milton of Campsie...
Level Contributor
12 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Spiced Rum

What is the best spiced rum in Grenada

UK
Level Contributor
611 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Spiced Rum

Here is a list of them: rumgallery.com/rum-rhum-ron/…grenada.html

Grenada
Destination Expert
for Grenada
Level Contributor
3,161 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spiced Rum

Or just visit ny rum shop and ask the bartender to try some of his infusion. They just put rum spices herbs etc in a bottle, leave for a month and serve. Some in town are very good, if you can identify the nutmeg mace black sage cinnamon and other additions, some in the countryside are a bit dangerous, as some herbs are - well not marijuana, as that doesnt taste too good, but i know there are some other similar substances...

Milton of Campsie...
Level Contributor
12 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spiced Rum

OK. Tell me where?

Grenada
Destination Expert
for Grenada
Level Contributor
3,161 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spiced Rum

In most rum shops, esp the ones up north that are away from the tourist trail. I have seen them, but avoided as i wont trust the ingredients, and they wont tell you. Remember that locally, hard drugs dont cost much unless you are white or a tourist, some of the rougher local rum is pretty toxic as it is, and you could find anything in there. Cane toad i have heard of being added, but never observed (they are common on the island.)

UK
Level Contributor
611 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Spiced Rum

Please be advised that so-called 'bush rum' is illegal and can pose health risks.

…blogspot.com/2013/08/illegal-production-of-…

Grenada
Destination Expert
for Grenada
Level Contributor
3,161 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spiced Rum

Having also seen the bats nesting above the fermentation vats in a local distillery and heard about fishing out the dead ones, and given what i know of grenadian GOOD hygeine standards even in the meanest places, actually i wouldnt say that illegally produced rum is likely to be any less hygenic, just that some people can add dodgy things to it later.

Some people take great pride in the quality of their bootleg hooch amd hence have regular customers.

Theres always the risk of too high a distillate which is poisonous, but then would you buy dodgy substances from someone you didnt trust or from a source you didnt know well (one reason not to take that stuff.)

Edited: 04 January 2014, 12:52
Winston-Salem
Level Contributor
163 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spiced Rum

The Antoine spiced rum is delicious.

Grenada
Destination Expert
for Grenada
Level Contributor
3,161 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spiced Rum

Rivers dont make a spiced rum, they have some punches available. Rum shops sell it spiced sometimes (see "under the counter") or its easy to make your own.

9. Re: Spiced Rum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2015, 05:16