We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Age Demongraphic

Manchester, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Age Demongraphic

My husband and I are in our late 50's but young at heart.We are looking for a high end - all inclusive resort in Grenada where the age demographic matches our own. Has anyone had any experiences that would help us decide?

Thanks

Grenada
Destination Expert
for Grenada
Level Contributor
3,273 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Age Demongraphic

Theres probably no such resort in Grenada.

There are a few hotels that will provide all inclusive and sandals only does all inclusive, but i wouldnt describe any of them pointed at a particular age group, and as global luxury high end goes, i wouldnt call any of them truly high end. AI in grenada wont get you the best food and drink on offer.

Grenada isnt that sort of place really. There are a few superb little personal hideaways, but by their nature they dont seek a particular demographic. Actually, imho as someone in their 50s i would say that so long as you stay in a high end resort, especially in places off the beaten track of tourists, the presence of other age groups, and their children isnt of concern generally.

If you have to have AI and you have to be in a place with people your own age, Try the maldives, india, some of the more obscure indonesian owned islands, recently vietnam has a few, thailand, mauritius, oman, dubai, some places in mexico (not cancun itself) but expect to pay quite a lot in some of these places.

In the uk we have some travel operators that can pretty much guarantee you will be with older people, but that doesnt mean they are young at heart, just that the proportion of wheelchairs and zimmer frames is high :-) personally i would run a mile before using them.

NB grenada is a quite old fashioned sort of place, young people are generally very well mannered, crime is low, and there is a victorian sense of manners / values, which is generally a good thing.

Gillingham, kent...
Level Contributor
221 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Age Demongraphic

We are in our early 50s and going to Spice Island , I think this resort suits our age and upwards and like you there is still life in us yet, but we like a nice meal, cocktail and meeting nice and new people to chat to, we read lots of reviewers before booking this holiday, sandals is more of a party place with more loud people and around some pools loud music and party and drinking games also there will be more of a drinking crowd in the evenings, yes we have had a good time at sandals before, but we now want something more personal and better and don't want to meet above Atlantic cousin filling up his bubba mug all day

Edited: 16 March 2014, 19:36
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Age Demongraphic

I think Spice Island is the closest fit here. The resort attracts older guests with occasional honeymooners or couples in their 40s. Their level of service is top notch.

London, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Age Demongraphic

Le phare blue , includes breakfast but has food available all day on site and floating restaurant and evening entertainment of local groups ,check out the website to fully appreciate , also the calabash may suit.

Go to the aquarium on a Sunday afternoon for lovely barbeque , they also have great accommodation.

Beachwood NJ
Level Contributor
788 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Age Demongraphic

We just came back from the new Sandals LaSource and I think the majority of guests fell into the 40's and 50's age group while we were there. There were of course some younger and some older but the majority seemed to have fallen into our age group, we are 48 and 49.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Age Demongraphic

I haven't been yet, but I've read terrific things about Calabash Hotel, and they offer an all inclusive package with meals at their beach lunch bar (top rated restaurant on the island on tripadvisor) and their dinner restaurant, Rhodes, which is supposed to be among the best fine dining restaurants on the island. Reviews all suggest that the majority of guests are Brits in their 50s/60s.

7. Re: Age Demongraphic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2015, 05:15