We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which area would you recommend?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
206 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
which area would you recommend?

Planning a trip to Grenada next year in the month of Feb for 3 couples in early 50's. We have never been to Grenada and have just started out research on this destination. We are planning to rent a villa for all 6 of us near the ocean/beach. We will get a car for the week that we are there. Our preference would be to be close to a beach or a short drive/walk to a nice beach. We want go out at night for restaurants and have access to shopping not too far away. Can you please tell which areas would be more suitable. I am looking at homeaway and I am interested in some places. The location of one villa would be near MACE BEACH in Saint George. The other villa that we are looking at is on Prickly point. Could someone let me know some info on the location of these villas. I don't want to be too far away from restaurants and beaches but at the same time privacy and nice views would be important.

Jouvay Chocolate
Gift & Speciality Shops
Art Fabrik
Gift & Speciality Shops
Lisa's Ltd
Gift & Speciality Shops
Grenada
Destination Expert
for Grenada
Level Contributor
3,356 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which area would you recommend?

I think the villa you were looking at is in true blue, turn right at the first roundabout leaving the airport and you are there pretty much. Never heard of the beach there being called mace beach, but it could be. The area is ok, its a bit built up, not countryside, i wouldnt recommend the beach really, but there are lots of very nice beaches 5 mins drive away so if you have a car, no problem. Prickly point is part of the next bay a bit further south, not far, but lance aux epines generally (prickly point is part of) is a slightly more select neighbourhood.

Not necessarily to rent from them, but to see a good collection of villas that are on offer via several places, take a look at www.justgrenada.co.uk. If you want self catering, there are several nice hotels that rent out 1/2 bedroomed appartments. Best located imho blue horizons or lance aux epines cottages, but there are others too.

Stick to places in st georges parish, this is where the tourist facilities are best like shopping and restaurants, unless you want to stay out in the countryside - mor beautiful possibly, but quiet / fewer facilities.

See google maps for lance aux epines or prickly point grenada, and you will see it all.

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,123 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which area would you recommend?

I agree with Bob - given your preferences you should stay in St George parish, perhaps nearer to Grand Anse than St George's. I don't have a specific recommendations but Grand Anse is the longest and most popular beach. Grenada is a little off the beaten path, so it's never as busy or as crowded in the tourist areas as some of the more popular Caribbean destinations.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
145 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which area would you recommend?

I just got back from Grenada a couple of weeks ago, my first vissit as well. we stayed on Lance Aux Epines, and both me and my wife really liked it.

I believe that Prickly point is the point of Lance Aux Epines as Lance Aux Epines in on Prickly Bay.

It's quieter and more low key then Grand Anse, but very beautiful, and really it's only about a 8 minute drive to Grand Anse so to me it was the best of both worlds.

Another option (if you find a place that you really like) is Woburn, it's about a further 5 minute drive from Grand Anse but very relaxed and pretty.

Edited: 01 April 2014, 04:30
London, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which area would you recommend?

You could check out mount cinnamon , central great views and apartments fully equipped , in St Georges at the end of grand anse beach .walking distance to shops etc so you don't have to drive every day.

Winston-Salem
Level Contributor
163 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which area would you recommend?

Stay at Sandals. That is all there is in Grenada now so it seems. :-/

Grenada
Destination Expert
for Grenada
Level Contributor
3,356 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which area would you recommend?

Ultrastar, I think sandals is actually good for the island, a few percent of the additional sandals visitors will go on to see how wonderful a real local experience can be, and go on to visit again. For those who prefer to fly to grenada to stay in florida or cancun, they do bring some financial benefits to the island and its their choice.

7. Re: which area would you recommend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Grenada