We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quiet all inclusive

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Quiet all inclusive

We are planning to go on a vacation in August possibly the middle or end. We have stayed at Cocos Hotel (boutique all inclusive) in Antigua, Iberostar Grand in Punta Cana, and Jamaica Inn (boutique all inclusive) in Montego Bay Jamaica. Our favourite by far was Jamaica Inn, we feel we have been spoiled because of it. We are looking for a beautiful beach, nice weather, quiet resort, all inclusive option, and not Mexico or Cuba. We are a late twenties couple that likes to be lazy on the beach, eat amazing food, and get to know the island we visit. We tend to like the smaller hotel vibe but wouldn't mind going to a bigger one too . We like 4 star or higher. Price range around 2/2500 a person for the week plus flight. We would love to visit Grenada but are nervous as it's hurricane season. We want to visit a place we never have visited yet. Any ideas? Help would much appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Antigua
Antigua
Antigua and Barbuda
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Toronto
Level Contributor
5,164 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quiet all inclusive

At the moment there are only 2 dedicated AIs - Rex by Grenadian which is somewhat dated, so it's very reasonably priced, however I think Sandals LaSource would probably be more to your liking. With being at the bottom end of the Lesser Antilles chain of islands, hurricanes tend to bypass Grenada - it is seldom hit by storms. If you want guaranteed good weather without the danger of storms check out the ABC islands - Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Bonaire
Bonaire
Caribbean
Curacao
Curacao
Caribbean
Grenada
Destination Expert
for Grenada
Level Contributor
4,192 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quiet all inclusive

The spice island hotel is an excellent medium size 5 star without the loud stuff you get at sandals. If you prefer a quiet small place look at petit anse hotel. Both can do AI but its optional. Most prefer to eat out a lot, as food and drink is reasonably cheap generally.

Grenada
Destination Expert
for Grenada
Level Contributor
4,192 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quiet all inclusive

If you dont want to risk a hurricane dont go to the caribbean, look at the indian ocean, maldives, mauritius, seychelles.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Quiet all inclusive

I haven't been, but I'm your age and looking for very much the same thing as you, and Mount Hartman Bay Estate looks great to me - they have an AI option and are in your price range.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quiet all inclusive

Spice Island Beach Resort is AI high end with top notch service. Not sure you can get a week for that cost though. Would agree with Mount Hartman Bay Estate. It's a fairly new hotel out of the way, looks very laid back.

Hurricane season would not put me off going to Grenada. Just be sure to get travel insurance that covers hurricanes.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quiet all inclusive

Calabash

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quiet all inclusive

My vote is for the Spice Island Beach Resort, it seems to fit what you are looking for.

see my review.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g147296-d1…

Grenada
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Quiet all inclusive

Enjoy the quiet north of the island. Two upscale places. Petite Anse a boutique style hotel and

Summerhill Bed + Beyond, an eco chic B+B. I believe both are in your price range.

UK
Level Contributor
249 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Quiet all inclusive

Stayed in spice island at end of august a few years ago, was very quiet. Beach lovely. Chilled out resort, no loud music or entertainment. Food reasonable. I suspect you can get for around your price mark as summer is low season in carribbean.

10. Re: Quiet all inclusive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 21:17