We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grenada Grand Resort:Is there a golf course on the property?

Spring, Texas
Level Contributor
154 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Grenada Grand Resort:Is there a golf course on the property?

On the Grenada Grand's website it tells about a par 3 - 9 hole golf course on the property. I have been unable to confirm this from anyone recently. I understand that there is only one 18 hole course nearby. Has anyone had experience with that as well?

http://www.grenadagrand.com/amenities.htm

To quote their website: Golf is Also Included

We offer the finest 9-hole, par 3 golf course on the island.

Thanks,

Tomtoes

Sunny London
Level Contributor
295 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grenada Grand Resort:Is there a golf course on the property?

Just back from staying at the Grand Beach in May and my advice is if you are thinking of packing your golf clubs don't bother just spend you time under the water. The so called golf course did not have a blade of green on it and it was more like a Pitch and Putt job. If this is the finest I could not imagining what the worst would be like still it was in the dry season.

I hope this helps.

Noluck

Spring, Texas
Level Contributor
154 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grenada Grand Resort:Is there a golf course on the property?

Thanks for the response NoLuck!

Me thinks they need to update their website!

I will be there soon!

I know the Grenada golf club is nice, I was just wondering about this one as we were staying there.

And no, I would not schelp my clubs that far for any course. We always rent clubs and carts. We do take balls and tees as well as our own gloves.

Cheers!

Tom

boston
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Grenada Grand Resort:Is there a golf course on the property?

I've read that a golf course is being considered for development. However, there's not a lot of level land in this mountainous island. If golf is a must and you want that area, the southern part of Tobago is flattish and has two golf courses.

Spring, Texas
Level Contributor
154 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grenada Grand Resort:Is there a golf course on the property?

Hi All,

Just getting back to following up on my original post.

Grenada visit in July 2007:

The grounds at the Grenada Grand Beach resort were very plush and the vestages of a pitch and putt course could be seen. It will probably be re-instated after the full renovation of the resort is complete. Nothing there as advertised on line.

The Grenada main course is as written, not a flat spot at all. It is built in a valley and the fairways all cross each other. In essence, you hit from one corner of the property to the other for a 400 yd. hole. the greens are all elevated and if you roll off one, it goes down hill fast and you end up with another 20 yd. chip. :)

It has 9 holes with differently located tee boxes for the second (Back) 9 holes.

That said, We had a ball! (Pun intended)

Cheers,

Tom

5. Re: Grenada Grand Resort:Is there a golf course on the property?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about St. George's