We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tennis Courts???

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Tennis Courts???

I will be arriving via cruise ship and would like to know if there are any public tennis courts or pay to play courts? (Hotel courts, etc.)

Thank you!

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
393 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tennis Courts???

Just nip into any hotel and pretend you are a guest... Who is going to stop you..

As many are all inc, grab a drink and a bite to eat as well...

Grenada
Level Contributor
66 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tennis Courts???

Sorry, but it is not that easy just to go and to pretend that you are one of the guests :)

Some hotels offering their Tennis Court for rent (Coyaba), but their hotel guests have first choice. In the high season the guests even need to make reservations.

On the other hand why would you want to waste your time and play tennis on your 1 day in Grenada? You should go and discover our beautiful island.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
37 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tennis Courts???

In response to the comment by spice_isle... for some people, tennis is REAL important! So it's not a waste of time for us. lol

To answer the original question posted by Belleski, since you will be arriving via cruise ship, you can take a cab to Tanteen tennis courts. It should be about 5-10 minutes from the dock. These courts play quite fast. Keep in mind that the quality of public tennis courts in Grenada are not very good. If you would like to hit at a hotel tennis court, I recommend going to Coyaba or Renaissance (I'm not sure if the hotel is still called that) or Spice Island Beach Resport (formally called Spice Island Inn) in Grand Anse. It is about 15-20 minute ride by taxi. My preference would be Coyaba... I used to hit there all the time when I lived in Grenada.

4. Re: Tennis Courts???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about St. George's