We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mandoo or Sunsation Tours

Grangemouth...
Level Contributor
518 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Mandoo or Sunsation Tours

Hi there

I have already requested info on Mandoo but I need more info please - decisions, decisions!!!!

I was wondering if anybody could supply me with any information on the following –

I was looking to book my trips/tours in Grenada with a company called ‘Sunsation Tours

1 Has anyone booked any trips/tours with this company?

2 Are they reasonably priced for the services they offer?

3 Is this company reliable with their time keeping etc?

Could anyone please give me an unbiased, honest review/opinion of this company and/or the guides that they use?

Many thanks

Tropical Adventures
Sightseeing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Sunsation Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Royalty Taxi and tours
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Essex
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mandoo or Sunsation Tours

We have travelled to Grenada twice and have always used Sunsation tours. We have always found them excellent value for money, very friendly and very reliable. I would feel happy to recommend the company and guides to anybody. From an unbiased point of view we have never used anybody else so have nothing to compare with.

Long Island, NY
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Mandoo or Sunsation Tours

We toured with Mandoo Tours last week, it was absolutely WONDERFUL. Mandoo is an encyclopedia of information & loves his island - it really shows in his tour. Highly recommended

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
2,569 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mandoo or Sunsation Tours

I agree with above..Mandoo. Used his services in January. Great day of island.........even caled the monkeys at Grand Etang for us to feed bananas.

Went to waterfall, spice depot, etc.

Illinois
Level Contributor
86 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mandoo or Sunsation Tours

Mandoo really added to our enjoyment of Grenada. He picked us up at the airport, took us on an interresting 1/2 day tour, drove us to the Friday Fish Fry, and then took us to the airport at 4:00 a.m. He couldn't have been better!!!!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
72 posts
341 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mandoo or Sunsation Tours

We did a tour with Chris's tours and taxi and he was awesome. We noticed with Sunsation tours that they have a mini bus and thus a lot of people. With Chris it was just the 4 of us. We did an island day tour and never felt rushed with Chris, and really enjoyed our time with him.

Alaska
Level Contributor
147 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mandoo or Sunsation Tours

We have used Mandoo for years now. He is wonderful, will show you his beautiful island and fill the day with interesting facts and discussion. He has become a friend over the years.

north wales
Level Contributor
5 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mandoo or Sunsation Tours

We've just returned from Grenada and had a wonderful full day tour of the island organised through our representative Charmaine Otway of Insight Travel. There were just 5 of us in the group and we had a fantastic guide called Danny Alexander who made the day so enjoyable for us all - informative, helpful and lots of fun too.

We visited all the sights including St. George's, Concord Waterfall, the Nutmeg Processing Station at Gouyave, Douglaston Spice Estate, Carib's Leap and the River Antoine Rum Distillery. We had a fabulous lunch and tour of the house at Morne Fendue - an old plantation house returning via the Grand Etang Crater Lake.

We had considered doing the trip on our own in a hire car but this was far better value (US$85 inc lunch) and we had the luxury of having a well-informed driver which made it all so much more relaxing.

The Insight Tourism main office is at the Grenada Grand Hotel Tel: (473) 444 3697 email:

insightplanning@spiceisle.com

Alexandria Va.
Level Contributor
208 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mandoo or Sunsation Tours

Another vote for Mandoo. We did private tours of St. George's and the entire island with him on our trip last summer.

Southern Maryland
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Mandoo or Sunsation Tours

My 100% Vote For Mandoo !!

Mandoo is THE man to turn to if you want to experience the essence and true rhythm of what the splendid Isle of Spice is all about. We were fortunate to book Mandoo for a full day Northern tour last month, and we only wished we had booked him earlier in the week. In addition, he also picked us up and later dropped us off at the airport after our fantastic week regretfully came to an end. Simply put, Mandoo is Grenada's unofficial tourism spokesman, a very personal, impeccably dressed, proud mannered, walking-talking, eco-minded encyclopedia of his truly beloved paradise island. With Mandoo's easy flowing island dialect and knowing guidance, the Northern tour of the island allows you to savor so much, some of which included the intriguing nutmeg processing plant at Gouyave, the aged, still working Lake Antoine Rum Distillery, Annandale Falls, and of course the magnificent Grand Etang Rain Forest in the interior, breath-taking, island mountain heights.

Mandoo even drove a distance down the runway of the now abandoned Pearl Airport south of Grenville, taking care to point out and explain the two shot-up Cuban planes that were rusting away in an adjacent field.....victims of the 1983 US military Operation "Urgent Fury" which helped to re-stabilize the island during a time of internal turmoil. To drive down the very runway where a large force of US troops landed under fire back then, was of particular interest to me, a US Army veteran and military buff. Minutes later and we found ourselves at the Estuary Restaurant and Bar, a casual, laidback, Jimmy Buffett style establishment set on a picture-perfect Atlantic beachfront. There, we feasted on a delicious local cuisine lunch ( freshly made vegetable soup, stewed curry-spiced chicken, broiled Kingfish, callaloo, salad with pumpkin strips, and an assortment of prepared bananas and plaintains) , specially created by Earl Lewis, the good-natured Estuary owner and gourmet chef. And YES....with his typical Mandoo-Can-Do attitude, and despite my lingering doubts, Mandoo, with the help of a few locally bought bananas, was able to call out two Mona monkeys after some patient coaxing. " You just have to have faith in me, Eric, that's all," he cheerfully chided before using his unfailing calling technique in an attempt to lure out another monkey.

Grenada, with her warm, friendly people and her scenic wonders, is now our favorite Caribbean island, no doubt her glowing image boosted so much by Mandoo's from-the-heart, all encompassing introduction of her to us. While I still don't know why I left, we do plan to come back again soon, albeit not quite soon enough. When we do, we'll certainly be sure to book another tour with our friend Mandoo......hopefully the Gouyave Friday Night Fish Gala, and maybe a rewarding mountain hike too. Again, many thanks and Kudos to you Mandoo !!

Southern Maryland
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Mandoo or Sunsation Tours

My 100% Vote For Mandoo !!

Mandoo is THE man to turn to if you want to experience the essence and true rhythm of what the splendid Isle of Spice is all about. We were fortunate to book Mandoo for a full day Northern tour last month, and we only wished we had booked him earlier in the week. In addition, he also picked us up and later dropped us off at the airport after our fantastic week regretfully came to an end. Simply put, Mandoo is Grenada's unofficial tourism spokesman, a very personal, impeccably dressed, proud mannered, walking-talking, eco-minded encyclopedia of his truly beloved paradise island. With Mandoo's easy flowing island dialect and knowing guidance, the Northern tour of the island allows you to savor so much, some of which included the intriguing nutmeg processing plant at Gouyave, the aged, still working Lake Antoine Rum Distillery, Annandale Falls, and of course the magnificent Grand Etang Rain Forest in the interior, breath-taking, island mountain heights.

Mandoo even drove a distance down the runway of the now abandoned Pearl Airport south of Grenville, taking care to point out and explain the two shot-up Cuban planes that were rusting away in an adjacent field.....victims of the 1983 US military Operation "Urgent Fury" which helped to re-stabilize the island during a time of internal turmoil. To drive down the very runway where a large force of US troops landed under fire back then, was of particular interest to me, a US Army veteran and military buff. Minutes later and we found ourselves at the Estuary Restaurant and Bar, a casual, laidback, Jimmy Buffett style establishment set on a picture-perfect Atlantic beachfront. There, we feasted on a delicious local cuisine lunch ( freshly made vegetable soup, stewed curry-spiced chicken, broiled Kingfish, callaloo, salad with pumpkin strips, and an assortment of prepared bananas and plaintains) , specially created by Earl Lewis, the good-natured Estuary owner and gourmet chef. And YES....with his typical Mandoo-Can-Do attitude, and despite my lingering doubts, Mandoo, with the help of a few locally bought bananas, was able to call out two Mona monkeys after some patient coaxing. " You just have to have faith in me, Eric, that's all," he cheerfully chided before using his unfailing calling technique in an attempt to lure out another monkey.

Grenada, with her warm, friendly people and her scenic wonders, is now our favorite Caribbean island, no doubt her glowing image boosted so much by Mandoo's from-the-heart, all encompassing introduction of her to us. While I still don't know why I left, we do plan to come back again soon, albeit not quite soon enough. When we do, we'll certainly be sure to book another tour with our friend Mandoo......hopefully the Gouyave Friday Night Fish Gala, and maybe a rewarding mountain hike too. Again, many thanks and Kudos to you Mandoo !!

Get answers to your questions about St. George's