We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any recommended tours...

Which St. George's hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
middle of nowhere...
10 posts
Save Topic
Any recommended tours...

If we do choose to do some tours how is a good way to go about it? Does anyone know anybody specific that they would recommened (or places or businesses that do) Is there anything that we should avoid or watch out for?

Canal Winchester...
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any recommended tours...

I am guessing that you are not planning on renting a car so you have a couple of choices you can chose to go with a group tour such as Mandoo or

Sunsation tours...I would suggest looking at their websites to see which tours interest you most. For us we wanted to see waterfalls and beaches so that was an easy choice for us, but the nutmeg processing plant is also neat to see. Or you can do a private tour with a guide such as Mandoo or Chris http://www.grenadaexplorer.com/chris/

You can do St George's and the fort by yourself so I would skip doing that with a tour.

Woking
Level Contributor
539 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any recommended tours...

Have a look at the topic 'water excusions' - some good ideas there, but also some information that people should be aware of.

Happy Hols!

middle of nowhere...
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Any recommended tours...

I think we are going to rent a car for part of the time and venture on our own and maybe have a little help with a tour. or something along those lines...thanks..

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. George's
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any recommended tours...

I would also recommend Caribbean Horizons. We use them for our tour needs when we are on the island and have been very pleased with their service.

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
382 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any recommended tours...

We rented a car, much better and flexible for sightseeing.

The nutmeg plant is a good tour, the chocolate processing plantation as well. Trip to Concord falls is ok, but its quite small. Go to the markets, and the fort, just to hear the history tour.

Oh, unless you are a 7 year old, dont bother with the river tubing, its really lame... Its combined with the "Sulphur pool" which is just an orange pond.. Also very disappointing...

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
382 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any recommended tours...

Actually, Ive just dug out the Sunsation tours brochure we kept from last year. I hope the site admin doesn't take this as advertising...!!

Tutti Fruitti:

Conchord Waterfall, Gouyave Nutmeg plant, Caribs Leap views, River Antoine Rum Distillery, Bellmont Estate (Coco processing, lunch included,) Pearls Airport, Rainforest & Grand Etang Lake... ($75 US, about 8 hours)

Dont go bananas tour:

Conchord Waterfall, Gouyave Nutmeg plant, Grand Etang Lake, Rose Mount drinks stop.. (5 hours $50US)

Grenadines:

25 minute flight to Union Island, Days sailing to Palm Island, Tobago Cay, Mayreau, all food and drinks inc.. (I recommend this highly as a tour) $320 per person..

http://www.grenadasunsation.com/

Please admin, Im not a rep for them, just a happy holiday maker..!!!

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
382 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any recommended tours...

Actually, Ive just spoke to the wife, and we will be going on the Grenadines tour, weather permitting...

Its a shame the kids cant be put in the kids club for the day....

Any Warm Dive Site
Level Contributor
83 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any recommended tours...

We toured with Mandoo and absolutely loved it. His local and worldly knowledge give a global perspective to his running history discourse while he drives you about. We can't recommend him enough.

NWD

http://www.grenadatours.com/

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
635 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any recommended tours...

We have a good friend, been there twice now, who is absolutely wonderful! You could hook up with him and he would take you anywhere you want to go... Let me know if you want his info!

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
382 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any recommended tours...

We did the Grenadines trip on Sunday.... I just cant recommend this enough..

Flight in a 8 seater plane to Union Island, where you are transfered to the Scaramouche in a small boat. You then sail to many small islands, finally to Palm Island.

Food and drinks served on the boat, and the drinks are complementary, throughout the trip....

We swam with turtles, whish are abundant, saw nurse sharks, and hundreds of colourful fish.... Its just a rich mans playground with all of the yachts moored there....

$320 for an adult, $260 for kids... We took our family of four and enjoyed the whole day, and will remember it for years....

Get answers to your questions about St. George's