We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars / St Georges

Which St. George's hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
361 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Bars / St Georges

We are heading to Grenada in May for our first visit. We are staying at True Blue Bay the first week and the Calabash the second.

I see that the Dodgy Dock bar at True Blue is very popular so that's good news, but, are there any other bars worth a visit?

I'm just talking about a few drinks in the evening not nightclubbing.

It'd be great if they were walking distance from our digs but I don't mind a taxi ride but not too far.

Any help would be great, cheers.

Toronto
Level Contributor
824 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars / St Georges

Prickly Bar Marina for a great thin crust pizza and a cold beer. Save room for gelato!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars / St Georges

There is Da Vino Wine Bar at Le Marquis. Not sure if they re-opened. Last I heard it was sold. I can't imagine them not re-opening as that place was always packed.

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
361 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bars / St Georges

Many thanks for the replies.

I've heard of the Prickly bay marina and I'm pretty sure it's close to True Blue?

Is that right, if so, is it walking distance ie 10 minute casual stroll from True Blue?

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bars / St Georges

I am not sure whether DaVino is officially opened but on our last night in Gnd we noticed that they were having a big fun private party at the wine bar - with all of the Independence Day festivities going on across at the park and the Carib Sushi and La Boulangerie in full swing it looked like great fun!!

I would also suggest not walking distance but if you are heading over to Marquis - start with a Pina Colada or other beverage at Sur La Mer for sensational sunsets then on to Marquis for food and drinks...

London, Canada
Level Contributor
274 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bars / St Georges

Prickly Bay Marina is a great place for a few drinks (great rum punch!) and thin crust pizza. They offer live music on Friday night. A 12 piece steel drum band starts the night off at 6:30 and play for about one hour. Another local band will play starting at about 8:00 p.m. til 11:00 ish. A trivia night is held on Tuesday's beginning at 7:30. Prickly Bay is within easy walking distance of Calabash (not True Blue) Also within walking distance of Calabash is a Sunday bar and barbeque on the beach at the Lance Aux Epines Cottages (this has just started). You can also find a varied b-b-q menu at Charcoals, an outdoor restaurant within walking distance of the Calabash, which serves both lunch and dinner. In addition to the traditional meat bbq items you will find lambi , lobster and other seafood options. Veggan friendly options are now available as well.

Within walking distance of True Blue you will find Banana's which is a bar popular with the SGU students. It appears to be very popular after 10:00 p.m. They serve meals prior to this time. Just a bit further walk down the road from Banana's (on Maurice Bishop Blvd.) you will find another marina and a restaurant/bar , De Big Fish , which serves both food and beverages.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
274 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bars / St Georges

A few new little restaurants have recently opened just outside of the St. George's University campus which are within easy walking distance of True Blue (perhaps 10 minutes away). These can be found just opposite the University animal hospital. If you pass a large tethered bull you know you are getting close! . They have a Carib Sushi with items being fresh made and packaged to go or you can order whatever you want. There is also the smoothie place from the mall( very yummy), a vegetarian place, and a pizza place. My daughter reports that the pizza is very good-- just 5 ec for a slice of any flavour and the crust is almost like a foccacia.

London, UK
Level Contributor
48 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bars / St Georges

De Vinos has re-opened I believe with a new name.

A new relaxing place to go for the older generation, designed especially for those who want a quieter night is the Savvy Beach cabana on Grand Anse Beach part of Mount Cinnamon. This is an idyllic location. They are starting a night, until 11pm with a live DJ every Sat night.

Dodgy Dock is popular, but steer clear of a Wed as its like a student night!

Grenada parties into the earlier hours so some people are just leaving their homes at 12 midnight!

There are so many places to list that it would take me ages ;.)

8. Re: Bars / St Georges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about St. George's