We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine selection & price

Which St. George's hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
178 reviews
Save Topic
Wine selection & price

We're planning our first visit to Grenada for March '11. Is there a reasonable selection of wines in the restaurants & at what price? Also as we are staying at Jenny's B&B & doing some self catering, is there a good selection of wines available in the local shops?

London
Level Contributor
316 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine selection & price

You will find a good selection at the various supermarkets - Real Value/IGA, Food Fair, Food Land - and there is also a Wine Shop at the Spiceland Mall - just a bus ride away from where you will be staying.

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine selection & price

SuziMas.

Thanks very much indeed for the information. I was getting worried that Melanie would have a T-total vacation!

Nick

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wine selection & price

Indeed as SuziMas has said there is a selection of wine at the grocery stores and truthfully when they did not have a couple of my favorites I chose another Chardonnay and really enjoyed it! The prices are obviously higher but I was not mortified by the increase - food is more noticeably expensive than the wines...but maybe my math is really bad on the exchange - plus I am from Ontario where we may have higher costs than say the most States....anyhow I was pleased.

The restaurants that feature higher end food also seemed to offer a better selection of wines in fact - we had one of the absolute BEST glassed of Merlot at Jenny's...

There is also a wine store as previously stated at Spiceland but after a not great experience with one of the staff....she was uncertain of how to use the computer and we were in a big rush with a baby and Daddy waiting outside in a hot cab....she did not seem to understand or care of make any effort to speed up...then finally after 12 minutes of watching her fumble about the phone rang and we begged her not to answer it so we could just hurry along...but she did answer it and proceeded to chat while trying to navigate the computer...not a professional call - personal fun. So I refused to return - but my Mum did and a more knowledgeable woman was manning the store and I gather she was quite fabulous...so give it a shot...but I was happy with the chose in the grocery store...at Spiceland.

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wine selection & price

Caribheart.

Thanks very much also. I'm also a Merlot fan so that's good news about Jenny's. How was the food there?

We expect the wine to be quite expensive & we're used to Canadian prices, I was based in Nova Scotia flying Auroras on exchange from the RAF.

5. Re: Wine selection & price

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2010, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about St. George's