We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel need

Texas
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
hotel need

Planning to spend one week at Grenadian and would like another week at a nearby hotel, also close to beach (within walking distance if not on beach) mid range price for single...those who have been there please send pm on recommendations....thanks.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,532 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel need

Why not take a look at the Flamboyant

Cheers

Crozet, VA
Level Contributor
658 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel need

Allamanda right on Grand Anse Beach.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel need

Thanks, both are excellent sources, I have sent flamboyant a message and will also follow-up on Allamanda. Anyone have an email address for La Source?

For those who have been there, please send a trip report or advise where you listed one I am just beginning to look into the Island and have to choose what I should do, I am a beach, chocolate lover, good beer, laid back and Island music.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,532 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel need

Here you go

For Reservations;

reservations@theAmazingHoliday.com

It say in the US and Canada

mclarke@itr-irt.com

Cheers

Texas
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel need

Had already tried the mclarke....as per web page, it does not work, subsequently tried the other amazing holiday, still waiting for response. They list a number for US, so I'll try that on Monday. I would really like to at least spend a day there to see the place.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel need

Hi there. Are you on facebook? La Source has a FB page and are constantly looking for friends. Bet you can get a fast response if you post there.

About a year ago we took a peek at the property and at that time they offered a day pass good for a lounge chair, lunch, drinks (I think) for something like $100 per person.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel need

pigsterz, thanks for your info, I am not on facebook and really want to avoid starting that, but appreciate your feedback. I might go for a day pass

Texas
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel need

hey bergerman, I should have read your message carefully, must have been worn out by then. the site left out the m on com, so this morning I added that to my email and resent, then noticed you had the foresight to add it yourself. thanks, they should check their website, or hire you.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel need

Have you seen or have any knowledge on spice island beach resort? I like the idea of ai unlike some who like to hop around to restaurants, I like to stay put. If you know where it is in comparison to rex, the sites I have read list it at about 1 mile from grand anse....don't know not having ever been there.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotel need

Oh now you're talking... Spice Island Beach Resort is a favorite of mine. You cannot compare SIBR to the Rex because they are in a totally different category and price point.

SIBR is directly on Grand Anse beach in a great location. Here's a photo that shows where the hotels are on Grand Anse:

…imageevent.com/kajugo/…100208-grandanse.jpg

Here's a map where I added La Source and the Rex to give you an idea of where they are in relation to Grand Anse beach:

…imageevent.com/kajugo/grenadamapsdirections…

If you want more info or photos on Spice Island I can provide that as I've stayed there twice.

Edited: 24 April 2010, 13:52
Get answers to your questions about St. George's
Recent Conversations