We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental

Which St. George's hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
148 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental

We will be staying at THe Calabash hotel for a week 22nd Apr (2012) and wondered if anyone could recommend a reliable and reasonable car rental firm. we would ideally like a car for most of the week and it would be great if they drop off at the hotel.

Any feedback welcomed.

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental

We stayed at the Calabash for 2 weeks last year and rented from Azar Car Rental. He delivered to the hotel and picked it back up for no extra fee and his cars were in great shape and very reasonable rates..

You will love the Calabash and won't go wrong with Azar.

Barb

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. George's
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental

We've rented from Azar's as well many times and have been pleased. Very easy to deal with and always on time. They will drop off at the hotel, or pick you up at the airport. You can even arrange to leave the car at the airport at the end of your stay so you can drive yourself to the airport instead of waiting for a taxi on departure day.

The Caribbean
Level Contributor
49 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental

There's a few good companies around. One which I have used is Vista Rentals. Their fleet is very new (some added within the last year and the rest within two years) and they are very reliable with airport pick up and drop off, or you can drive yourself to the airport and leave the car too.

You're spoilt for choice, but it is always best to book early. If you'd like to explore Vista, their website is http://www.vistarentalsgnd.com/ and the email address is info@vistarentalsgnd.com.

Have fun exploring. It's a wonderful island!

Happy New Year!

UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental

Many thanks or everyones response - really helpful.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
127 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rental

Y & R Car Rental is the most reliable. Call or email ahead.

http://www.carrentalgrenada.com/contact.html

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
711 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Rental

Do you advise booking in advance or when we get there? Are there are any monetary benefits to booking in advance? Thank you

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. George's
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Rental

It depends on when you are going. If it is during the low season, you can get away with waiting to book until you get there. During high season, and if you are picky about the car, you will want to book ahead.

I have not found any savings by booking ahead. It's more for peace of mind that I can get the type of vehicle that I want, and not have to upgrade to a larger one because the smaller one that I want has been booked.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
711 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Rental

We are there 22/11-7/12 thanks

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. George's
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car Rental

I think it will be fine since it is not the high season yet. But you might want to inquire via their websites to see which one works for you. If I remember correctly, they don't charge your credit card or anything before you actually rent. So it wouldn't hurt to reserve if you are firm on the dates you want to hire a car.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car Rental

We've been using Vista Rentals www.vistarentalsgnd.com for the past 3 years. They have been great ,deliver the vehicle to the airport and we leave it in the carpark on our return. They have a newer fleet and great maintained vehicles. i like the touch of a complimentary mobile phone for the time of the rental. We often eat out whenever we are in GDA and like to call around to different restaurants and this has come in handy. Ryan the owner is very personable and hands on. We have no problem in recommending them.

Get answers to your questions about St. George's