We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coyaba

Stafford
Level Contributor
4 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Coyaba

Hi my wife and I are going to the Coyaba early May and really looking forward to relaxing holiday, particularly the beach as it sounds brill!! Can anyone advise about what plugs are used over there, do we need an adaptor? and any other helpful tips would be appreciated,

Cheers

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coyaba

They're 3 pin British style. We're here now, it's a lovely place!

Stafford
Level Contributor
4 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coyaba

Hi thanks for that !! Have you got any usefuls tips from your experiences at Coyaba.

thanks

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coyaba

Bring lots of mozzie repellant! I seem to be getting bit more than normal, and I'm covered in deet spray! Any specific questions just ask! Beach is beautiful, and the island is very lush. Contrary to many reviews were finding the food good; but we prefer to eat in the poolside carbet restaurant at night as you can eat from both menus, and it's a nice relaxed atmosphere. Also reccomend a private driver to do a tour, and we're off to the grenadines on Monday to the Tobago cays trip, as that's highly reccomended.

Stafford
Level Contributor
4 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coyaba

Thanks again, we will get plenty of mozzie spray, are US dollars OK over there? Whats the weather like? What is the shopping like in St Georges are there jewellery shops as my wife wants an nice ring. Please let us know what the trip was like to the Grenadines.

Thanks

Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coyaba

Really looking forward to your reply as I'm due to go to Coyaba on 24th May and I can't wait!

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coyaba

Hi! US dollars are fine, weather is stunning; just the odd shower and some cloudy times, there's a Colombian emeralds jewelry shop in st George's, and another couple in the mall there.

Now for the grenadines trip - simply amazing. We had a 25 min flight to union island in a little 8 seat plane, then onto the satori (a smaller version of the scaramouche, as there were only 9 of us on the sailing trip). We weren't that impressed with mayreau; good snorkelling off the beach though, palm island was stunning, but the tobago cays were amazing. One of the most beautiful places I've visited. Snorkelling with the turtles was fantastic. They provided a really nice lunch with wine, drinks & rum coffees which was a nice lunch. The plane ride back was a bit tense as it was quite bumpy and a little scary, but my husband enjoyed the flight! I'd definitely reccomend the trip; worth every penny! We're having a fantastic time in Grenada! X

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
145 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coyaba

Buttercup, would you mind me asking how much you paid for this trip and how long it lasts . Thanx

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coyaba

Hi, we paid 325 us each, about 220 pounds each I think. Our toddler was free. We were picked up at 7.45 am for a 9am flight over to union (which was worth the money alone!) then landed back in grenada about 6pm.

Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coyaba

Sounds totally wonderful :-)

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
145 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coyaba

Thanx Buttercup. We fly out a week today, really like the sound of this trip.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday !

Get answers to your questions about St. George's