We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easiest flight from US to Grenada

maryland
Level Contributor
12 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Easiest flight from US to Grenada

We are travelling to Grenada for Christmas holiday...Live in Balto/DC area

Any suggestions on easy flight??

Temecula, CA
Destination Expert
for Temecula
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easiest flight from US to Grenada

LOL! Not really - the problem is that AA has reduced, quite a bit actually, its flights into that region.

Getting there from anywhere besides Miami is going to be a chore. This is probably why Grenada hasn't been overrun with tourists and the mega resorts by now. That's part of its charm for me.

Pigsterz is the DE for this area and lives in your region - perhaps she will come along soon and offer suggestions for you.

Edited: 06 July 2012, 16:38
Rochester NY USA
Level Contributor
81 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easiest flight from US to Grenada

We fly Caribbean air out of JFK, its a direct flight to Grenada, about $750.00 , goes Wed and Sat.

maryland
Level Contributor
12 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easiest flight from US to Grenada

thank u!!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easiest flight from US to Grenada

We fly out of either Dulles (IAD) or Reagan National (DCA) to Miami since we live within 15-25 minutes from either airport. From MIA it is a direct flight in the afternoon to Grenada. I have my miles on AA so tend to be loyal to taking their flights. DCA flights to MIA have better layover connection times than flying out of IAD which leaves you with a horrid long layover in Miami.

We prefer not to route up thru JFK so we have never gone via Caribbean Airlines or Delta.

Washington DC...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Easiest flight from US to Grenada

hello,

Saw your post - we are trying to get to Grenada for the !st time/ from Columbia, MD. So , flying out of DCA is BEST - you booked it thru AA Airlines or did you go through another booking service. Seems that it is so difficult getting there but not as bad returning.

Appreciate any advice! Thank you.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
186 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easiest flight from US to Grenada

Hi Nanvia...just responded to your thread, but to give you an example...

I booked around June 15th from DCA. through Expedia...2 people, r/t flying through Miami, leaving August 31st(Friday) and returning September 6th(Thursday) for $451 a person.

If I booked it now for the same period, it would cost me $592....I got a great deal but anything less than $600 from DC is pretty decent.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easiest flight from US to Grenada

If you can find airfare to GND for less than $600 including taxes, get it. Typical fares run in the $650-700+.

8. Re: Easiest flight from US to Grenada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 17:17
Get answers to your questions about St. George's