We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rex Grenadian Hotel, suitable for a solo female traveller?

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,372 posts
188 reviews
Save Topic
Rex Grenadian Hotel, suitable for a solo female traveller?

Thinking of planning a trip to Grenada, been a few times before but never solo. Would the Rex be okay or would I stick out like a sore thumb?

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,123 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rex Grenadian Hotel, suitable for a solo female traveller?

Should be fine for you. There's a big mix of people there. Not to dissuade from booking a trip to Grenada, but there's an excellent resort in St Lucia that caters to single female travelers called LeSport BodyHoliday.

Edited: 13 November 2013, 18:06
Rochester NY USA
Level Contributor
81 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rex Grenadian Hotel, suitable for a solo female traveller?

We have been to the Rex over 30 times, will be there for the month of January 2014, you would defiantly not stick out like a sore thumb. You will love it there.

John in NY.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,372 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rex Grenadian Hotel, suitable for a solo female traveller?

Many thanks, planning on a yoga long weekend in Carriacou with a few days in Grenada after. Cheap and cheerful suits me fine. Also coming up as a good deal is True Blue Bay.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,372 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rex Grenadian Hotel, suitable for a solo female traveller?

I've gone for best of both worlds. On the afternoon I arrive I'm staying at the Rex for one night before heading to Carriacou. Then after retreat True Blue, BA holidays have both on all inclusive at great rates. Oh happy Grenadian yoga days!

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,123 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rex Grenadian Hotel, suitable for a solo female traveller?

Sounds great! I hope you have a wonderful vacation!

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,372 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rex Grenadian Hotel, suitable for a solo female traveller?

So excited, be nice to escape the Scottish winter. So far we've had it pretty mild, leaves still on the trees mid November.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,372 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rex Grenadian Hotel, suitable for a solo female traveller?

Just had an email from BA holidays. The Oriental restaurant at the Rex is currently closed.

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,123 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rex Grenadian Hotel, suitable for a solo female traveller?

I don't think you're missing much - if I remember correctly they had an extra fee in effect for it - if you're all-inclusive then up to $20 was covered and you're responsible for anything over and above - the $20 credit barely covered the entrees.

Be forewarned, though the food is good and plentiful but there's not a lot of variety. Choices were adequate for my wife and I but it was definitely the smallest selection we've seen at any resort.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,372 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rex Grenadian Hotel, suitable for a solo female traveller?

Seems they are closed until new chef recruited?. I'm only there one night before heading to Carriacou so buffet will do for one night. Not a buffet fan but needs must.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,372 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rex Grenadian Hotel, suitable for a solo female traveller?

In the Rex now, very pleasantly surprised, it's a great resort. Just been for dinner, very nice! No worries being solo, they really looked after me. Will definitely come back.

Get answers to your questions about St. George's