We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

walk to Grand Anse from Morne Rouge

Which St. George's hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scarsdale, NY
Level Contributor
26 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
walk to Grand Anse from Morne Rouge

What is the easiest way to walk from Mourne Rouge (we're staying at Kalinago Beach Resort) to Grand Anse? Is there a way along the beach? Thanks

(We're still debating our location, like the looks of this hotel better than comparably priced on Grand Anse, but want to enjoy easy lunch, shopping etc.) We have a rental car but don't want to only rely on that.

boston
Level Contributor
519 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: walk to Grand Anse from Morne Rouge

The short answer is no - you can not walk from BBC to Grande Anse on the beach. You CAN, however, walk up the hill on the road, and then back down the hill to GA. If you're intent on being on GA then you should stay there. I see you utilizing your rental car (not a bad thing) a lot to get to restaurants and the beach. Having said that, Kalinagoo is really cute property, appears well maintained, and is right on BBC - IMO a true beauty of a beach, but not everyone's cup of tea. If its not a cruise ship day, you get just unspoiled peace and quite on this stretch of beach. On the days cruise ships are in, booze cruise party boats (or boat) use BBC as a day trip. It can be quite noisy during that time. And lastly, there may be a touch of noise issue when Fantazia lets out at 4;30 am on Fridays (Saturday am) and I believe Wednesday. I'm not sure if this should deter you - just something people don't usually know about.

Scarsdale, NY
Level Contributor
26 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: walk to Grand Anse from Morne Rouge

Thank you! Do you know of or like any moderately priced hotel on Grand Anse. The TA reviews

of Coyoba, Flamboyant, Radisson seemed pretty mixed.

Cornwall, England
Level Contributor
213 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: walk to Grand Anse from Morne Rouge

I recommend Siesta Hotel, its very convenient and very good prices.

gbysea

Edited: 10 June 2014, 11:27
boston
Level Contributor
519 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: walk to Grand Anse from Morne Rouge

I haven't stayed at Flamboyant or Siesta, but have been on both properties. Flamboyant looks ok - lots of stairs and such but that wouldn't bother me. In fact, we have looked at staying there this coming winter. They also have a fun bar, Owl Bar, that's open late and is pretty lively. You can also walk the beach and head to Umbrella's. A true beach bar steps from the sand. Decent food, good drinks, and entertainment a couple times (Barracuda still Sunday night??) Siesta is not on the beach but it looks cute and has an amazing breakfast place (run by the wife of one of the owners of Umbrellas). Several on this board also recommend Coyoba.

Edited: 10 June 2014, 16:09
Scarsdale, NY
Level Contributor
26 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: walk to Grand Anse from Morne Rouge

Thank you!

Scarsdale, NY
Level Contributor
26 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: walk to Grand Anse from Morne Rouge

Thanks very much. Sounds like you a repeat visitor. My daughter (18) wanted to have

a Carribean vacation before college (have been to Turks and Caicos and Cayman) and

reading about Grenada just grabbed us!

7. Re: walk to Grand Anse from Morne Rouge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about St. George's