We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grenadian by rex resorts

Which St. George's hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Grenadian by rex resorts

We are thinking of going to Rex next July with 2 children aged between 5 -10 any advice on this hotel and what the beach and sea are like for children.

Many thanks

ABY

Warwickshire UK
Level Contributor
48 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grenadian by rex resorts

It's probably best for the children if you use the beach which is used for Hobie Cat sailing. The other beach, though much longer has a reef fairly close to the shore which can be hard on the feet. If you take dive shoes or rubber soled beach shoes you'll all be fine on this beach.

There is no kids club at this hotel and, apart from a short burst of entertainment in the evenings which finishes about 10pm there is nothing after that for adults. If you're ok about that, then you will have a lovely holiday. We were there last January and found it to be a lovely hotel with cheerful, helpful staff. The manager has changed since we went but hopefully the friendly atmosphere has been retained by the new manager. We would definitely go again in the future. Have a great holiday!

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
605 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grenadian by rex resorts

I have just posted a long review on this resort, I hope it helps you, photo's too

The glee's

glasgow scotland
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Grenadian by rex resorts

we stayed at the rex 2 years ago and our boys were aged 7 and 9 and the went ot the Kids club, not every day though as they were too busy inthe pool.They metother children and had a ball.The evening entertainment is not like spain , tenerife etc but we didnt mind as we were sooo tired. InfactIthinkwe stayed up twice till 10 o'clock. When we are in the med, we are always up late infact i usually want t o go to bed before the kids. However I loved the fact we were awake about 6.30 most days and at the pool by 8 a.m, usualy in the med my kids sometimesdoent make breakfast. You will enjoy your stay

Nynashamn, Sweden
Level Contributor
190 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grenadian by rex resorts

We are off to the Rex this week! We are taking a 6 year old, so will give you some up to date info when we get back at the end of May....just counting the hours now!

Leamington Spa
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Grenadian by rex resorts

There were lots of well behaved children when I went and they were occupied. The hotel is set in stunning surroundings. Stick to the watersport beach if you have kids because the other one is a bit difficult to navigate over the rocks. I had found a little bit of sand in the middle of the rocks which was where I would swim each day. Great snorkelling though. The sea can be quite rough so watch your kids carefully.

This hotel was okay not really my choice too large and impersonal but I think great for families. They do really great breakfasts but my suggestion try and eat out just along the far side of the beach at Aquarium which does a great family BBQ on Sunday. This should not be missed. It is also a very coll but chilled place to hang out.

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
382 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grenadian by rex resorts

there doesnt seem much to the pool area. Are you subject to the deckchair olympics in the morning..

Is there any more to the resort..

Im booked in 18th October so looking forward to it..

Leamington Spa
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Grenadian by rex resorts

No there is not much of a pool area and gets quite crowded. I think there are kids clubs etc. If you want lots of entertainment then this hotel is very low key so maybe not the best choice.

Leamington Spa
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Grenadian by rex resorts

Sorry Rich if you want lots of fun head to Aquarium and the far side of the beach. They do great BBQs' on sunday. Family orientated lively for singles and very chilled. In fact I spent most of my time there!

9. Re: Grenadian by rex resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about St. George's