We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Compare Franklyn D Resort vs. Pebbles and a SCUBA question

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
750 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Compare Franklyn D Resort vs. Pebbles and a SCUBA question

I'll be going to Jamaica with 3 young children (7, 3, and 1). Can anyone advise what are the differences between the two FDR resorts and which might be a better fit for us?

Also, my husband and I hope to scuba dive when we're there...it's been a long time! I see that the FDR's only offer one 1-tank dive each day. Do these fill up so that it's hard to get a spot, or is there typically plenty of room?

Mattituck, NY
Level Contributor
850 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Compare Franklyn D Resort vs. Pebbles and a SCUBA question

We just got back from FDR. While we were there, a large group from FDR went on a day trip to Pebbles. A friend of mine in the group told me that the biggest difference, in her opinion, is the rooms. At FDR they are super spacious and very private suites. Not little suites, but more like small homes. That was the deal breaker for her. She said the food was comprable.

I was not even interested in going myself, because we have so much fun and such a great time at FDR. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with FDR!!

MASS.
Level Contributor
192 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Compare Franklyn D Resort vs. Pebbles and a SCUBA question

Hi Cimbriano,

How was your trip?

How Did FDR look?

Going June 1st-9th

Can't wait to get "home"!

Mattituck, NY
Level Contributor
850 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Compare Franklyn D Resort vs. Pebbles and a SCUBA question

FDR was better than ever! In fact, it was our best trip yet!! There were so many improvements made during the past year. It was nice to see Mr. Parrish and his family.

The Jamaican Restaurant is finished- last year when we were there it was supposed to open the following week. Striker is still smiling despite running 2 restaurants now. Andre was so happy to see us- we actually missed him on his days off. his food is great as always. They have changed to Juici patties at the grill and they are really great. The Verandah Restaurant is improved too. The menu has been upgraded and the presentation is beautiful. The desert selection was great. (Try the chocolate horn!) The pools have been worked on, and the kiddie pool is coralled off so there is only one way out. Everything was so awesome. I can't wait for the next 51 weeks to pass until we return!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask!