We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I hate February

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
1 review
Save Topic
I hate February

I can't think of a more boring month in my life. It's cold, it's dark, there are no good holidays etc. If it wasn't for my kids being in school I'd already be in Jamaica. I can't stand the wait anymore!!!!

Does anyone else get the February blues....it's so depressing!!!!

30 lonnnnnngggg days to go :(

Calgary
Level Contributor
257 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I hate February

Hi crazdtow,

I totally get the February blues! In addition to the things you've already mentioned, it's also the middle of a loooonnnggg semester at school, so I have to try try try to stay focused! My days are also spent in a windowless office, so it can get extra depressing.

The wait is getting to me, too! I'm driving everyone I know crazy with all this JA talk.

At least I can come here and talk to people who understand. :)

Buck up, little camper! Only 30 more sleeps for you!

Maple Shade, New...
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I hate February

Here here, February stinks. I am usually in Jamaica for V-Day but with my daughter in her freshman year in high school we could not just take her out. So we wait for Spring break April 7.

So during the wait I spend my time on T.A. reading about everyone's trip and wishing it was me. I should probably be fired since I spend more time on the forum than I do working.

40 extremely lonnnnnggg days to go :(

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: I hate February

Well I'm glad I'm not alone, thank goodness.

For those of you who do not have children: after elementary the schools frown upon you pulling the kids out for vacation and I mean really frown. You need to go through an approval process etc and there is so much make up work it's not fair to the kids.

I just wish it wasn't such a big freaking deal!!!

I've tried to go outside and get fresh air, it doesn' t work. I go to the gym to get out of the house, it doens't matter......I'm still just blah and bored and cold and lazy......sniff. I've found fun things to do on the weekends to keep my family and I entertained....no go.

I need hot sun to saturate my skin!!! I am a summer person by nature and the older I get the worse it seems to get.

Once March gets rolling I'm ok. Baseball starts, campgrounds begin to open, the weather usually begins to break...the end is in sight. But from mid Jan until Feb.........BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!

Ok rant over.....I try not to get too excited about the vacation because it seems to make it come even slower....ugghhhh

Maple Shade, New...
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I hate February

crazdtow I understand your frustration. Being in the Northeast for winter can be very depressing. I don't even care for March.

The schools are ridiculous, there was a time that kids were allowed 10 days excused absence for family vacation. My daughter is in catholic school and they really don't make it easy. They even have in capital letters in the handbook we advise you to not schedule family vacations during in session months. How about that one.

Atleast I know come April I will be in beautiful, hot Jamaica. Till then I will have to fake and bake to get my sun exposure.

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: I hate February

LOL, well I'm glad someone else finds it a bit annoying. I mean I understand they have the summer off etc but one tiny little vacation should be okay right????

I don't love March either, it's just one step up from February in my book :)

Now I know why all the elders in my life moved to Florida, I would too if I had the choice of here or there.

Maple Shade, New...
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I hate February

Moving to Florida, that's what I'm talking about. If I bother hubby one more time with that notion he may send me alone. :)

Temperance, Michigan
Level Contributor
260 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I hate February

I am in the same boat! 18 more days until we return to BRB and by time we get home in late March I hope the weather here in Michigan will be improving. I am having a hard time concentrating at work and staying productive. I love the website and the ability to be able to discuss the island we all love. And lets not forget the anticipation of the trip is just part of the process and a lot of fun! Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new friends at BRB. We arrive on the 17th of March.

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,285 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I hate February

Personally January and March are my least favorite months. At least I'm in JA for most of January. I used to be in JA for the first two weeks of February but two weeks isn't enough anymore and work calls...March is just LOOOOOOOOOOOONG. I'm tossin' the March blues by having a Jamaica themed party for my posse HERE in NoCal and by "launching" my web site...stay tuned!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I hate February

I take my kids out of school weather the school likes it or not. I amke the decisions about when they go not the school. If I want to take them to jamacia or cuba or florida and I can only get a certain time off I don't really care what the handbook says, we're going!

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: I hate February

I hear you sweet pea. I don't know if the rules are different there but if they don't approve the trip it is considered unexcused absence and after too many days of that the parents get fined etc.

It's not a system I'm really interested in fighting to be honest plus I don't want my children to fall behind grade wise.

It is really serious here in the US these days, not like it used to be.

Rasta: March is long.....but it has to be better then February...or at least let me keep thinking that, ok :)