We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying Air Jamaica June 17 out of chicago to stay at...

kimberly, wisconsin
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Flying Air Jamaica June 17 out of chicago to stay at...

Hi, Like I stated we are leaving for jamaica june 17 out of chicago. I have heard nothing good about air jamaica lately, I'm so worried, we purchased are tickets threw sky auction and did not pay the insuance. Any suggestions what to do, this is are first purchase threw sky auction, will they get us a different flight if asked? We already have are hotel booked in chicago for the night before and on the return flight also. What to do. Or the positive,am I just getting way to excited and everything will go as schdualed. Any suggestions? Thanks, Jane

Chicago
Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying Air Jamaica June 17 out of chicago to stay at...

misjayne,

We just returned from Jamaica on Sunday and flew Air Jamaica out of Chicago. On the outbound flight we were scheduled to depart at 6:35 am and we left ahead of schedule without a hitch (arrived about 1/2 hr. early into Montego Bay). Our return flight was scheduled to depart Montego Bay at 4:50pm, but we were delayed about 1 hr. due to some "radio difficulties". We arrived safely in Chicago about 1hr. 20min. late. The M.B. airport is pretty small and there are a lot of flights trying to get in and out and by that time of day any earlier mishaps begin to catch up with the airlines, so I wasn't too upset about the delay on the way home. It certainly wasn't the best flying experience I've had, but not nearly the worst either. I'm not sure any airline could get out of the M.B. airport on time!

We went into it with less than great expectations for A.J. and relateively speaking, everything went fine.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

baltimore, md
Level Contributor
249 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying Air Jamaica June 17 out of chicago to stay at...

Well that was a little reassuring. Lets keep our fingers crossed. I'm leaving for Mobay on June 13th out of Baltimore and am really worring now like everyone else flying Air Jamaica.

Somewhere on Earth...
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying Air Jamaica June 17 out of chicago to stay at...

misjayne,

We have used SkyAuction 3 or 4 times and have had absolutely no problem. We did have to reschedule one vacation due to some work issues. It cost us $, but SkyAuction made it happen and was able to rearrange both our flights and resort stays.

Matter of fact, our flights this July I got off SkyAuction.

brooklyn, new york
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying Air Jamaica June 17 out of chicago to stay at...

Hi Jane,

I have used skyauction.com a few times. It is reputable, so don't worry. I have never used them for airline purchases, but would. I have used skyauction.com for accomadations, and always was very pleased.

My husband and I were in Jamaica, 4/9 to 4/16. We were supposed to fly out of JFK on Air Jamaica, but for some reason they had us on Northwest Airlines, no problem, because we left on time and arrived on time. We left Jamaica on Air Jamaica and had no problems coming home.

Skyauction is great, you can get good deals. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for your tickets? My husband and I payed $400 each round trip, and everyone said we had a good deal.

Respect and Blessings,

Angie

brooklyn, new york
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying Air Jamaica June 17 out of chicago to stay at...

Hello Cgshot,

If you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for your tickets, through skyauction.com? My husband and I had such a great time at Sans Souci (review is posted) that we cant wait to go back. We plan to go to Negril for a week next time (have to do home-work for reasonable accomadations) and one week at Sans Souci. I have used Skyauction.com about 6 times for accomadations in the US and always was very pleased.

Blessings and Respect,

Angie

Somewhere on Earth...
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying Air Jamaica June 17 out of chicago to stay at...

Flintastrock,

We payed $806 on US Air. It's a little high but we really had no flexibility. We had to go down on Friday, 7/22. We could have went the day before or day after but that's it. We are going down to Starfish to celebrate my wife's birthday on the 26th. Since we bought into the 5 for 5 plan at Starfish the end ocean view rooms will not cost us anything (well, it's not free; it's just that we have payed up our membership).

Last year we actually got airfare and a week at Starfish for $815 dollars. I don't think we can ever beat that price again.

brooklyn, new york
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Flying Air Jamaica June 17 out of chicago to stay at...

$815 for the both of you? Or each? Even each is a deal! Was that through Skyauction.com? What time of the year was that?

Thanks,

Angie

Somewhere on Earth...
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flying Air Jamaica June 17 out of chicago to stay at...

Believe it or not Angie it was for the both of us. It was $800 plus their standard processing fee of 15 dollars. I believe it was for our trip last March. We usually try to travel while all the kids are in school so it won't be as crowded when we go to Starfish. Actually, Starfish is the only resort we have been to that allows kids.

Like I said, I'll never get that deal again. Skyauction can offer some very good deals IF you know the prices you can get from other travel sites. I've seen people bid and win when I can beat the price elsewhere.

brooklyn, new york
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Flying Air Jamaica June 17 out of chicago to stay at...

Cgshot,

Never say never..lol. Wow that was a great deal. I know, I have seen auctions that have been won, where I would of found a better deal too.

Angie

Somewhere on Earth...
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flying Air Jamaica June 17 out of chicago to stay at...

Angie,

Were you the one who suggested taking either seed packets or buying phone cards in JA to give away? Both really brilliant ideas! Wish I could have thought about either one. We'll have to try both this trip.