We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Redeeming Sandals Signature points

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
938 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Redeeming Sandals Signature points

Has anyone had any expSandals Signature points here in Toronto, Canada?erience trying to redeem

I have 15,000 points to use, which I believe to be worth $375 USD$.

I tried to do so last night while booking with the TD Visa Gold Travel center (Carlson Marketing/Tripcentral), and was told they were unable to do so over the phone, but suggested calling back during regular business hours.

Anybody have any info to offer? Using my TD points and the SSG points will knock over a grand off my final total.

UK
Level Contributor
463 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Redeeming Sandals Signature points

We have often redeemed our points both with sandals direct and also through an agent.

Your agent needs to contact sandals and ask for a redemption value on your points. The money is then deducted from your final balance ie, when you go to pay your balance, your invoice should show the amount deducted as if it were "cash" as such.

Agent should not refuse to do this, its a must and you ARE entitled to this money off. We got about $1500 off our next vacation!

Some dont bother redeeming their points..crazy..you are right so keep at them or phone signature club direct and ask them to call your agent.

Keep at them!

Inuvik, Canada
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Redeeming Sandals Signature points

Hi. We have used our points on all our Sandals trips and have never had a problem. Having said that the process has changed in the last year. I would contact Sandals and see exactly what the steps are at present. I do not have the Toronto Office # but if you call the 1-800-NOW-4SSG they should be able to assist you.

Carolyn

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
938 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Redeeming Sandals Signature points

Hello to all who answered.

I booked today through the TD Canada Trust Gold Visa travel center. When my agent went to book with Air Canada vacations, there was no where on the on-line travel reservation form the agents use to put my SSG membership number, or the number points I had, or the dollar value. Since she was already waiting on hold for them, she pushed submit, and the reservation went through, and a booking confirmation number was provided. When she finally got to talk to a real person, they told her that the points have to be redeemed at the point of booking, and they would not be able to honour them for this trip. When she pointed out there was no where to input this information on the online reservation booking form, the Air Canada agent basically told her...."too bad".

Anyway, she is going to contact Sandals directly to explain and see if they can credit my credit card directly, and avoid dealing with Air Canada vacations at all, since it is going to be a real battle.

I'll keep you posted on how I make out.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
210 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Redeeming Sandals Signature points

so....I've booked for us next april and will be paying it off over the next year. Can I use my SSG points before I have it fully paid off, or have I already lost that window of opportunity?

Inuvik, Canada
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Redeeming Sandals Signature points

The points credit is not applied untill the final payment. The credit is applied by Sandals and taken off what you need to pay them at that time.

buckybruce I have used Air Canada Vacations many times and have never had a problem keep working on it they should be able to work it out.

Calgary
Level Contributor
257 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Redeeming Sandals Signature points

I have used my SSG points with Air Canada Vacations (via a travel agent). I didn't think of using them until well after we had booked, and it was no problem at all for our travel agent to get the credit. She did it over the phone with the ACV rep, who wasn't sure how it worked, so the rep did some research and called the TA back. Once it had gone through, the TA sent us another invoice that showed the credit. We saved over $700, so I was thrilled, and my husband is now convinced it's worth being SSG members (he doesn't think we'll get to 70 paid nights to get our free week! Ha! we're already going to be at 31 paid nights after our trip in August, and he's already saying he wants to go back to Sandals in December!)

anyway, buckybruce, just keep on them. It can be done!

MuseJam

Inuvik, Canada
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Redeeming Sandals Signature points

I never thought I would see 70 nights either but with 47 under our belt and 16 booked for 2008 I guess I will.

My husband asked me on our way home from Jamaica in May , which resort would I pick for our free week.

It has been so much fun collecting all those nights. HA MAN.

Calgary
Level Contributor
257 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Redeeming Sandals Signature points

twotravelers,

I agree, it has been a BLAST collecting the nights to get to a free week!

My husband asked me the same question about where I want to spend the free nights (heavy on the sarcasm from him, since he's STILL not convinced!). I thought probably JA, but maybe SDR instead of SGOR this time. We're also looking ahead to our 10 year wedding anniversary (it's in 2010). He suggested Sandals Grande St. Lucian, in a two-storey cliffside villa with butler service! Nice! But a small part of me would rather take the money from that mega-expensive vacation and go someplace more than once ;)

9. Re: Redeeming Sandals Signature points

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 02:16