We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats' the deal with Couples Negril??

Minneapolis
1 post
Save Topic
Whats' the deal with Couples Negril??

New Hubby and I are booking our honeymoon at an all-inclusive in Jamaica and we're seriously considering Couples Negril. Anyone have the skinny on that resort??? The pictures look good, but I need some "brochure-free" opinions.

Somewhere on Earth...
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whats' the deal with Couples Negril??

Okay worldtourist,

The skinny is..............(drum roll)................ GO!!!!

CN is great as is the beach in Negril. Also, you might consider Couples Ocho Rios. If $$ is not really too much of a consideration go to one of the Grand Lidos.

All of the choices above will make new hubby proud of how smart you are. And proud to be with his new wife.

Oh, congratulations too.

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
richmond
Level Contributor
177 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whats' the deal with Couples Negril??

worldtourist7 - we returned from CN late last night and I am in the process of writing my review. I'll post it here because I did find that the CN MB is a bit biased - though here is a hint....if and when you read my review of the trip, remember that it is our opinion and that 95% of it will be very positive!

Hartford, WI
Level Contributor
546 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Whats' the deal with Couples Negril??

Definately go. It actually does look exactly like the pictures show.

Also check out www.couples.com for their own message board

Somewhere on Earth...
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whats' the deal with Couples Negril??

By the way, here's some useless trivia:

"It was the accepted practice in Babylon 4,000 years ago that for a month after the wedding, the bride's father would supply his son-in-law with all the mead he could drink. Mead is a honey beer and because their calendar was lunar based, this period was called the honey month. Which we know today as the honeymoon."

See, aparently I have nothing else to do..................

Hartford, WI
Level Contributor
546 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Whats' the deal with Couples Negril??

I guess my father-in-law owes me a month's worth of Red Stripes......I think 15 cases ought to do nicely.........

Somewhere on Earth...
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whats' the deal with Couples Negril??

Almost makes sense to get married a few times huh?

On second thought..... forget that! lol