We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jamaica for a single thirty something...

nj
3 posts
Save Topic
Jamaica for a single thirty something...

Hi All...don't want the nonstop action of Hedo but am planning a solo trip to Jamaica in January for some sun and fun. I am 38, single, and looking at Wyndham Rose Hall. Is this just couples, a good mix, or other???

Falmouth...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jamaica for a single thirty something...

Hi, I would suggest Breezes, Runaway Bay...I've never stayed at the Wyndham though. But Breezes for a single person is great because there's alot to do (or nothing if you don't want to) and the crowd is good, it's singles and couples, a good range of ages. A fun atmosphere, but not over the top like Hedo.

You will definitely have fun, it's all inclusive. Ask for a "single- share" room if you are concerned about the "single- only" price which is more...the difference is that "single only" won't put you in a room with anybody but is alot more money..(usually about a third more, I think?) the "single-share" room says they MAY put somebody in your room (only if hotel is totally full)...99% of the time they do not put anybody else in the room.

Let me know if you have any questions, I've been there many times.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
645 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jamaica for a single thirty something...

Craigtr,

You don't say how long you're planning to stay in Jamaica, but I would agree with Boogirl's response to look into Breezes Runaway Bay. The Wyndham is primarily a family oriented resort and also gets its fair share of couples. I'm not sure a single person would have a good time there.

Breezes Runaway Bay was the very first place I ever stayed in Jamaica (14 years ago). I went by myself and had a wonderful time! The beach there is much better than at the Wyndham, rooms are clean, although they could do with a little sprucing up, but ask yourself how much time you plan to be in your room anyway?

It's a fun place --- lots of activities if you want to participate or you can do nothing at all. It's your preference.

Enjoy!

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jamaica for a single thirty something...

Greetings Craig, I say "DITTO" to all of the above.

I have stayed at both Wyndham and Breezes Runaway Bay, and BRB is most definately more "for you". The only advantages that Wyndham has over Breezes that I can think of are that the golf course is nicer and they have a waterpark that some people really like. Contrarily, BRB has (imho) a much nicer beach, better atmosphere, nicer layout and grounds, better food overall, more friendly service and more "adult oriented" sports/activities/entertainment/nightlife...

You get the picture...

Blessings and respect to you, enjoy everything about Jamaica no matter what you choose.

Steve