We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Never been to Jamaica

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
605 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Never been to Jamaica

Airfare included from Chicago we figure 1500.00 pr. person , Can anyone recommend a place for a week to stay, for that price?

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Never been to Jamaica

Depends on the airfare and time of year. You can get it as low as $400. Subtract that it leaves you with $1100 ea. x 2 is $2200 total or roughly $300 a day all in with $100 for transfers. Should be no problem for low end all-inclusives and even boutique style resorts.

Have a look at negrilonestop.com

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Never been to Jamaica

What area of the island are you interested in?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
605 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Never been to Jamaica

Like I said I've never been to Jamaica, so I don't know what side,also this will be a pkg air and hotel booked through either Funjet or Apple. Give or take a few bucks here or there. Actually I'm A mexico guy, but my Bride wants to Explore............... I Could care less I'm more then happy going to PV OR CANCUN ttt

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Never been to Jamaica

tommyp1950,

I should warn you that if you go to Jamaica you will probably never want to go back to Mexico. Worlds apart in every way.

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Never been to Jamaica

You might be able to get into Breezes Runaway Bay for that. Royal Decameron Montego Bay would be another I'd recommend. Both are all inclusive hotels. Non all inclusive hotels are available too. It all depends on what you want.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
227 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Never been to Jamaica

tommy:

Try this travel agent on line, I've had great success with them:

changes.com

jt

Idaho
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Never been to Jamaica

Tommy:

I would suggest Negril. The beach is beautiful. As for a resort, ever consider Hedo?

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Never been to Jamaica

I like Negril best of all. Nice beach and cliffs if you prefer or try a stay at both. Look at negrilonestop.com as they have an array of places to stay in different price ranges. If you're looking for a quieter area than the cliffs are best. The beach has more activity and is more lively at night. I always book seperate-airfare/accomodations.

If you want all inclusive with air for $1500 than you will want to book it together. Point Village is a nice place with reasonable prices but it is on Bloody Bay and you would have to take a taxi to the main beach although they have a nice beach and wonderful rock pools, good snorkeling. I suggest checking out the maps on negrilonestop so you can get a better idea of the areas-ciffs/7 mile beach/Bloody Bay. Look at www.catchanegril.com a great place to stay on the cliffs-very private and reasonably priced.

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,290 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Never been to Jamaica

First time? I'd do Negril, 2nd choice would be Ocho Rios.

Happy Planning!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
605 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Never been to Jamaica

ttt thanks guys .... really! The more suggestions the better