We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adult Resort, All-Inclusive with great beach

Ohio
Level Contributor
335 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Adult Resort, All-Inclusive with great beach

Not looking for one of those swinging resorts, but want one without alot of little kids running around. Also, we want a resort with a calm, pretty beach that you can safely swim in and walk a long ways in either direction. We've been to Sunset Beach Resort years ago but hoping for something with a nicer beach

Maine
Level Contributor
413 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adult Resort, All-Inclusive with great beach

rickscottOhio,

Have you looked into Grand Lido, Negril? It is adult only and far from a swinger resort. It is the last resort on the beach, so can only walk in one direction, but it is a great walk ..about 2 miles, I think. jamaicasteve on this board knows a lot more of the specifics. :) we just go and enjoy it. The resort right next to it is Couples, and they do not allow children either, so that is nice.

Darlene

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
227 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adult Resort, All-Inclusive with great beach

rickscottohio;

Depending on what time of year. My choice for close to the airport, besides Sunset Beach, is Starfish in Trelawny. Rarely are there children in late April and mid-November. They are all in school. Starfish has the best beach on the north coast. Click on my name and view my photos from the Starfish, especially the beach shots.

jt

dallas
Level Contributor
126 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Adult Resort, All-Inclusive with great beach

Couples Swept Away is a beautiful resort. I want to live there! Room 2229 in the old part is the best!

Ohio
Level Contributor
335 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adult Resort, All-Inclusive with great beach

Does Swept Away or COuples other resorts or any of those mentioend have beaches that have very calm waters. I am not a great swimmer but my wife thinks of herself as one and I get to worry every time she wonders out pretty far. Looking into Cancun, it seemed all the nice beaches had relatively unsafe waters with strong undertow. Thanks.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
227 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adult Resort, All-Inclusive with great beach

If there are no windstorms, the Caribbean Sea is like a lake and shallow, just like the Gulf of Mexico on which I live :)

jt

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
227 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Adult Resort, All-Inclusive with great beach

If you looked at my photos you can see how calm it is.

jt

Level Contributor
409 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Adult Resort, All-Inclusive with great beach

Hi Rick Scott---you might want to look into cancun for fab soft beach and tranquil aqua water.Cancun is a paradise.Fiesta Americana Coral Beach is paradise in all aspects and walkable to the action as well if you want to walk into the busy shopping and eateries.The Mexican Carribean is to die for and so great for swimming! Enjoy!--Karin from NY.

dallas
Level Contributor
126 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Adult Resort, All-Inclusive with great beach

I am not a strong swimmer and had no problem! at Csa. If you go there say Hi to Elvis from Viv and Dave in Dallas.

Barre, Vermont
Level Contributor
853 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Adult Resort, All-Inclusive with great beach

Couples Negril may be what you are looking for. Beach is somewhat protected by being on Bloody Bay, so water is usually calm. Beach is approx 2 miles long so is not the longest beach, but gives plenty of time to stroll and relax and is powder white. Resort is laid back and relaxing, plenty of good food and great drinks. Nice relaxing pool with swimup bar - 2 hot tubs.

Been twice, will return.

Ohio
Level Contributor
335 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Adult Resort, All-Inclusive with great beach

Thanks, that sounds nice. I'll look at it real closely