We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton

Hi

I have booked a 2 week holiday for Aug 09 to the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort and Spa in Jamaica and was just wondering how far on with the development.

I understand it has had a few problems and that there are issues over the beach but i am not really a beach person and my ideal holiday is to relax and sunbathe, go on a few excursions and generally absorb the local culture.

Oh and it is also our 10th wedding anniversary so i thought i would surprise my hubby and renew our wedding vows.

So i would also ask if anyone knows an email address to email the company to see if i can book this.

Any help on the resort and progress would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Vicky

xx

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton

Hi Vicky,

My advice to you is simple... IF your ideal holiday is to generally absorb the local culture and if you want to have a "worry free" vow renewal/holiday I suggest you change resorts to one that's built already.

Reality is that virtually EVERY new resort built in Jamaica over the past several years has not even come CLOSE to meeting their "Grand Opening Deadline" and many are STILL having issues over a year AFTER opening...

Go with established resorts and you're much safer imho...

Blessings and respect to you.

Steve

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton

Hiya

Thanks for your quick reply, however i have made my mind up on that resort / hotel. I spent quite a while on looking into other hotels, resorts, reading reviews, forum messages etc etc and to be honest every hotels as some negative reviews and it is always down to peoples opinions and that can change from day to day.

I have stayed at new hotels before and appreciate that they have teething problems and can live with that, but hopefully these will have gone by the time we get there.

I would be really grateful for info on how far they have got on with the building, and also if it is actually 2 hotels they are building . I have found a website that has some pictures and they seem recent of the actual hotel instead of computer generated.

Thank you for your comments, i hope i have not caused any offence by my comments.

Thanks

Vicky

xx

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,736 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton

Try this

Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa

Phone: +18 769 798865 Fax: +18 769 798864

Birmingham/uk
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton

Vickster30,

Have you seen the following link with pictures:

judyandmariastravel.com/DesktopModules/…

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton

Hi

Thanks for that, i had just stumbled across that link and then found a couple more! I have now managed to email to hotel group (i hope, anyway), so that i can get the renew of vows booked.

It appears that it opens in July so i will be at least able to see pictures of rooms and then start to read reviews. I am sure they will be very mixed to start but i am hoping that most will be ironed out by the time i get there.

I am fairly easy going and don't let things worry me unnecessarily so i will remain totally excited to my holiday next year!!

I work in the 'credit crunch' industry so if i was to be worried about everything i would be suicidal by now!!

The glass is always half full in my eyes and open to opinions and as they say, there is never a wrong answer!!

Appreciate everyone's help, it is nice to know that friends can share opinions and photo's etc.

Regards as always.

Vicky

xx

6. Re: Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 March 2016, 11:39
7. Re: Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 March 2016, 11:39
London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton

Hello vicky

My name is terri. and my husband and i are booked at the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton 10th june 08. I am so pleased to have found the only info around.

We booked last september with Thompson "Far and away" and have paid in full ready to go. But after a number of phone calls to Thompson we are still not in the picture as to wether this hotel will be open in time. We have been told that the earliest they can tell us anything is 2 weeks before we are due to fly. The problem is we are going out for my husbands 40th and we wanted the best of everything!!! i'm a little unsure as to what we will get now!.

I am going to call Thompson again in the morning so i will let you know the out come. Thankyou for being the only other person in the uk to have posted anything any where about this hotel. It looks as though we may be the only guests booked in. ha ha ha.

luv terri

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton

I hate to be a party pooper, but those "photos" don;t instill a lot of confidence. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that #8 is a computer rendering even though it says "photo".

It also says "miles of white sand beach" however by looking at the various photos you can see that they are not continuous miles. They are broken up by the "quaint" coves. So long beach walks are likely not going to happen.

Just let the buyer beware. As long as you know what you are getting into, best wishes.

Vicky, you sound like you have the right attitude, I hope you are not disappointed.

As for the June 10th date, I'd be real worried.

Hemet, California
Level Contributor
5,883 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton

Which site is currently booking this resort?

Do they have a "grand opening" special?