We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's your favorite cliff side hotel in Negril & why ?

Malibu
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What's your favorite cliff side hotel in Negril & why ?

Hi,Looking to spend some 5-7 days along the cliffs for the 1st time. So far I am leaning toward the Samsara pillar room. This will be DEC so I'm actually am not concerned about having no ac. I really like the Rock House & the Caves but they are just a bit to much since we are planning to do a two week trip this time. Of that I would like to split the time & stay for a week in that part of Negril.

My 1st concern is this. Since this will be the 1st time staying at an non-all inclusive {regardless if they offer it} I would really like to be close to other food choices outside of the hotel. Also a place to p/u a case or two of beer for my stay. I really would like to avoid taking taxi cab rides constantly to do so. Any tips regarding such would be appreciated. Thanks all.

Mayville, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,377 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's your favorite cliff side hotel in Negril & why ?

Just so happens my favorite IS SamSara...where you're treated like family :)

There are plenty of eating places within walking distance...Just Natural, 3-Dives, Spice and Spice, Choices, Xtabi & TJ's to name some.

The L&M Grocery is (also) nearby...they carry anything & everything...good prices, too! If you decide to stay at SamSara, you may want to bring a collapsible cooler with, as they don't have fridges in the rooms/pillar houses/cottages.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What's your favorite cliff side hotel in Negril & why ?

Look at www.seagrapevillas.com

Very convenient location with a grocery store across the street, a Cambio 50 ft. past that, and several good restaurants within a 10 min. walk. Seagrape is located beside Negril Escape, a short walk past Rockhouse.

Malibu
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: What's your favorite cliff side hotel in Negril & why ?

Also looking at the Tensing Pen. Actually since I just showed my wife that one, I seen a glimmer in her eyes. So that may be the place.

Are things like I mention near that as well ?

Also any comment on this place ?

Thanks all.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: What's your favorite cliff side hotel in Negril & why ?

Look at the reviews to the left of this page for Tensing Pen and also type it in the search window at the top of this thread. Comparing Samsara to Tensing Pen is...well to be honest...there is no comparison. Samsara is a budget resort. TP is one of the best and most expensive resorts in Negril for good reason. I've stayed at TP many times & highly recommend it. If your wife likes it then go for it:-)

Everything is nearby that you need including a grocery store and a few restaurants.

'nuff said.

Mayville, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,377 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's your favorite cliff side hotel in Negril & why ?

Why do I even bother...LOL!!

Malibu
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: What's your favorite cliff side hotel in Negril & why ?

Thanks for the responses

Blues, I didn't know that TP was in the same level as RH & the Caves ect. All are so nice & so what we like. So it figures there all high end places.

Legends, why do you say that ? I thank you for your info as well.

I know there is allot of places in negril to go, both to stay & to venture. I think my question should be more worded, what place is more closer & convenient to outside amenities that offers such as I described for a mid range price since we would be planning to stay much longer in JA than usual or ever before for that matter. Also being the fact that this will be soon after we get back from another price'y vacation.

Like you said Samsara is a more budget hotel & the others are not. I guess there is nothing similar but in between {price wise} ? So it's either one or the other ?

I did look into the one you linked but that seemed to be more for a family if I am not mistaken. I guess I should mention this would be just my wife & I.

Thanks again

Mayville, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,377 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What's your favorite cliff side hotel in Negril & why ?

My remark was just a "friendly" jab at BP...

Durango, Colorado
Level Contributor
749 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What's your favorite cliff side hotel in Negril & why ?

My opinon...Choose which ever Cliffs resort that comes with a complimentary breakfast. You will get more bank for your buck & after a late night of drinking red stripe. The ready made breakfast & coffee (on site) will be a much needed asset to your happiness on vacation.

KNKTRAVELS

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: What's your favorite cliff side hotel in Negril & why ?

time2goaway,

In your post regarding a link that you think is more for a family, if you are referring to Seagrape Villas, it is really meant for couples, either 1 or 2 couples per unit. I've stayed there twice with a significant other and the units worked perfectly for us. Lots of space, privacy, plus it has a kitchen (with cook if you choose) and living area. I've never seen more than two people in any of the 3 units at this resort. It definitely isn't suitable for children.

Malibu
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: What's your favorite cliff side hotel in Negril & why ?

The reason I got that impression was because of the way the site promotes it

SeaGrape Villa

2 Bedrooms

+ King-size bed

1 bathroom

Also that site does not do the place justice at all. The pic's show very little. I'm sure it is a very nice place but it's hard to tell from looking at that site.

Thank you though.

Do you have any other suggestions ?