We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Digicel Codes

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Digicel Codes

I was putting this in another thread, but thought it might be useful not to be burried... so here's the digicel codes that I know of (feel free to add to it! :) )

Check credit balance - *120# Send

Check "bonus" minute balance - *120*4# Send (right now they have a promotion for every paid minute you talk (not intl. plan minutes) during the day you get a free minute to use between i think it's 11pm and 6am (might be 12 and 6)...

Activate International Plan (1000 minutes for a month for 1000J)- Add 1000J and *134* Send, wait for text back with instructions... will tell you to txt *134*1# to confirm (or *134*9# to cancel), just follow the instructions.

Check International Minutes - *134*10# Send, wait for txt back with balance/expiry... (works once above plan has been activated)

if you have less than 5JMD credit you can send a "please call me" txt to someone (you get 20 of these a month i think)... to do this you dial *126*1xxxxxxxxxx# (where xxxxxxxxxx is the number of the person you are sending it to)

Hope that helps somebody :)

Chelle

england
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Digicel Codes

this is useful information chelle

i bought a sim card last time i was there and put in my unlocked mobile. didnt know about the international plan. What i got was fine anyway and i still had credit left on the sim card which i left with my friend there.

Took a while to figure it out when I first put credit on etc and checking balance, friend helped me. This will be useful information for when i go next year

Long Island
Level Contributor
943 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Digicel Codes

That International Plan is a great deal. It's good for 30 days at a time. If you use up the 1000 minutes (for $999 JA dollars), then you get a really low rate around $0.11 to $0.12 USD a minute for the remainder of the 30 days.

digiceljamaica.com/help_and_faqs/…

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Digicel Codes

Corrected on the other thread but not here... to activate the international plan it's *134# SEND

Chelle

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Digicel Codes

Update - As of May 1st - interational plan costs $1250 for 1250 minutes.

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Digicel Codes

thanks Chelle. And thanks to my IT friend (Chelle) we now have the international plan. It costs less for the entire month to phone unlimited from Jamaica than it does for ONE phone call from here.

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Digicel Codes

Send credit to another Digicel subscriber:

Send *128*1876xxxxxxx*aaa# xxxxxxx is the subscribers number, aaa is the amount to be transferred.

When confirmation text comes from Digicel, send *128*1# to confirm transaction. Cost is $1. Minimum transfer is either $25 or $30.

‘Please credit me’ *127*xxxxxxx*aaa#send. xxxxxxx is the subscribers number, aaa is the amount requested.

Digicel points balance: text POINTS to 444 2402

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Digicel Codes

Top up by voucher:

*121*voucher number#

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Digicel Codes

*120*2# TextFlex balance

*120*3# credit for Digicel to Digicel calls (a special bonus)

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
854 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Digicel Codes

Thanks for all the tips! I am going to print it out and take it with me in Sept!

10. Re: Digicel Codes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 May 2009, 21:01