We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for GOOD Child AND Adult Friendly Resort in Jamaica!

PHILLY
2 posts
Save Topic
Looking for GOOD Child AND Adult Friendly Resort in Jamaica!

GREETINGS!!!

Im really having a hard time trying to decide where I want to take my family in Jamaica. Im really not trying to be selfish, but I would like to have fun too. My wife thinks we should go somewhere that is geared towards children. But if Im going to be there for 10 days I want to have fun too!!! Especially since it was my idea to go and Im paying for it!!!

So, saying that. In your opinion, what resorts do you think are more familly oriented that has activities for children and adults? Im only looking for GOOD Quality Resorts. I like resorts that have nightly entertainment like beach parties, bands, performances, etc.. We are considering all resorts in Ochi, MB, and Negril.

Thanks

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for GOOD Child AND Adult Friendly Resort in Jamaica!

Greetings to you,

My suggestions (in order) would be:

Starfish Trelawny

Sunset Jamaica Grand

Rose Hall Resort

Sunset Beach

Rest assured, you WILL have a great time!

Blessings and respect to you.

Steve

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
732 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for GOOD Child AND Adult Friendly Resort in Jamaica!

Jamaica Steve has already come up with a great list of places, I would also throw Beaches Negril and Half Moon resort into the mix :)

Shiner, Texas
Level Contributor
902 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for GOOD Child AND Adult Friendly Resort in Jamaica!

Sunset Jamaica Grande-Ocho Rios-our kids were 4 & 6 time of travel last year we staied BUSY all day long.With water slides and beach

england
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for GOOD Child AND Adult Friendly Resort in Jamaica!

Hi we stayed at RDCC and that is geared up for children and adults. They do a great job to keep both entertained and lots going on in the day.

You will definately have fun if you join in the activites. they aslos do cycling everyday so you could all go off resort and see the area on yer bikes

They also have water sports that are included

They have nightly entertainment which is done by the staff and they have other people come in. Dont have beach parties, but if you were looking to go to a beach party there is priory beach party not far away.

How old are your children??

RDCC is situated in runaway bay, not the area you looking for but 20mins from ocho rios.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
57 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for GOOD Child AND Adult Friendly Resort in Jamaica!

Look into the Riu Ocho Rios and Negril and also Beaches.

They are very child oriented.

Centereach, New York
Level Contributor
1,607 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for GOOD Child AND Adult Friendly Resort in Jamaica!

First that comes to mind is Starfish, but also consider any of the Beaches properties; FDR and FDR Pebbles.

Anthony

PHILLY
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for GOOD Child AND Adult Friendly Resort in Jamaica!

Thanks for the help guys. Hey taz1England, whats RDCC??? My son is 7 our daughter will be 7 months old then so Im not too worried about her. The boy will have fun as long as there is a pool and a beach. I'm concerned about me having fun. We are also looking for a place that wont be too crowded. I visited Riu Ochi last year alone for a wedding and had a good time. Maybe we will go there since I got a feel of that place.

england
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for GOOD Child AND Adult Friendly Resort in Jamaica!

RDCC is the Royal Decammeron club carribean, i think!!

It has a pool and a beach

MASS.
Level Contributor
192 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for GOOD Child AND Adult Friendly Resort in Jamaica!

FDR Runaway Bay

Vacation nannies

10. Re: Looking for GOOD Child AND Adult Friendly Resort in Jamaica!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 14:21