We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park-Stay-Fly programs (O'hare)

Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
108 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Park-Stay-Fly programs (O'hare)

Anyone ever use a PARK-STAY-FLY program out of Ohare?

Looks like for about $89 plus tax you can stay the night, have a nice hot breakfast and catch the 24 hour shuttle to the Ohare in the AM. Your car can stay parked for up to 14 days at no extra charge.

Seems like a good deal.

Anyone do it before?

We live near Milwaukee so its about a 90 minute drive without traffic and construction and can turn into a 2-2.5 hour drive on a bad day. Since there is like 40 miles of construction from the Wisconsin State line towards the airport, this sounded like a good idea for us.

Just my luck, we would get stuck in traffic in the early am and miss our flight. aaauuggghhhhh!!

Lori

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Park-Stay-Fly programs (O'hare)

Hello Mama! I've used it various times flying out of O'Hare and also St. Louis airports with Apple or Funjet, who have discounted rates with certain hotels. NO hot b/fast as usually charters are too early! If you're booking it by yourself, double check that the hotel's shuttle hours suit your needs....Cheers! Margaret

joliet il
Level Contributor
192 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park-Stay-Fly programs (O'hare)

We do park and stay alot.

Watch what time you leave they may not be serving the breakfast yet.Most don't start till 6am.

We have used the Marriotts and Four Point Sheratons.

Using Marriott for our next trip with the 14day parking.

When we go up the night before we take a little cooler with some beer and pop. We seem more relaxed not worrying about the traffic.

Mayville, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,377 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park-Stay-Fly programs (O'hare)

We stay at the Holiday Inn Select on Higgins in Rosemont. Great accomodations, covered parking area & Harry Carays Restaurant is right off the lobby.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Park-Stay-Fly programs (O'hare)

We use the Four Points Sheraton. Like it because they have a locked fenced in area to park your vehicle in! We are in Fond du Lac and have a 3 1/2 hour drive. So some sleep the night before is great!

Mid Florida, Florida
Level Contributor
493 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Park-Stay-Fly programs (O'hare)

Just make sure to monitor your email after you make reservation...

We used parksleepfly and...

Apparently they cancelled our request the next day and it went in my SPAM filter folder. We got to the hotel and they had no record of us. We finally got in touch with the company...all they could tell us was they cancelled it.

Luckily, the nice young (Jamaican) man at the desk allowed us to stay at their nightly rate (40 bucks less than parksleepfly) and park the car there anyway because of the inconvenience.

Then, a week after we returned...they had the unmitigated gaul to send out a request for us to give feedback on our stay...OH DID I!

I do need to note that this was the 2nd time we used them and the first was great. It is almost like starting vacation a day early, we drive to Ft Laud and have a nice dinner out, do some last minute shopping for the stuff we forgot, and get to the airport early enuf to make Rudy happy.

Tam

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Park-Stay-Fly programs (O'hare)

We have done a Park and Fly out of O'Hare multiple times. We did a Comfort Inn or a HoJo or something the first three or four times, but we did the Renaissance the last time and that is what we will do from now on. The rooms were great, covered parking, timely shuttle, etc.

The Park and Fly rate for the Renaissance was a little more than the others, but it was worth it to me.

Green Isle...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Park-Stay-Fly programs (O'hare)

We do the park sleep fly thing whenever we fly out of MSP...and the first time had an experience similar to another poster, the park sleep and fly people canceled our reservation without notifying us. Fortunately the LaQuinta we had made the reservation for was very understanding and allowed us to book directly when we arrived at the hotel...and we have booked park sleep and fly directly with the hotel ever since. It's a lot cheaper to leave our car there than to leave it at the airport at $16 a day, especially when our trip is more than 4 days. And we have a free breakfast and they have the 24 hour airport shuttle, so it's a win win situation :-)

Teresa

Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
108 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Park-Stay-Fly programs (O'hare)

Thanks for all the replies!

WE did book at the Quality Inn near the airport.. it had a 24 hour shuttle while some stopped early at night.

Our flight home on AIR JAMAICA is supposed to land at 845 pm. but after reading tons of posts, I wanted to make sure that even if our flight was delayed significantly we would still have ride to take us to our car.

I will be checking my email frequently to make sure I dont get cancelled....

and....

I happened to check my flight reservations... and ...

OUR FLIGHT WAS MOVED UP FROM 9 AM TO 630 AM!

So now it is a MUST for me to stay overnight!

Thanks again TA friends!

Lori

Green Isle...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Park-Stay-Fly programs (O'hare)

Lori

Be sure to call the hotel directly and verify they have 24 hour shuttle service. Here in MN, only about half of the park sleep and fly hotels do. When our flight had a MAJOR delay from Denver a couple years ago, we landed at 3:00am and luckily the hotel was able to send a shuttle for us. If we had booked the other LaQuinta we would have had to call a taxi because they don't run their shuttle until 6am.

Teresa

Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
108 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Park-Stay-Fly programs (O'hare)

Thanks... I will do that!

BTW.. I am flying "through" MSP on Saturday enroute to Spokane, WA with a hour or two layover. (yippee)

I'll wave as I fly over! wink

Lori in Wisconsin