We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many times a day do YOU think about it?

Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
108 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
How many times a day do YOU think about it?

How many times a day do YOU think about an upcoming vacation to Jamaica (Or about one you just came back from?)

From the time I first started looking and planning back in May...to booking our trip in August... to waiting for November to get here so we can leave...

I have been thinking about this trip EVERYDAY!!!

I secretly wanted summer to fly by so I could leave sooner.... aaugh.. NOVEMBER!!

I pop on to Trip Advisor a few times a day to check out what others are saying....

I have joined and become a "Palladium Addict" and check that website frequently.

I can sound knowledgable when I speak about Jamaica to strangers

I watch the weather channel to track hurricanes

I talk to everyone I know about our upcoming trip, which excursions I want to take, where we are staying etc etc etc

I form an instant bond with anyone who tells me they have been to Jamaica... then pepper them with questions about where they went, what transport they used, etc

IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH ME?

Just wanted to see if anyone else has suffered this strange fate

Lori in Wisconsin

New Jersey
Level Contributor
711 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many times a day do YOU think about it?

Hello, my name is Denise, and im a jamaica addict too.

I cry when i look at pictures of prior vacations -

I read Trip Advisor 25-30 times a day -

Talk about it constantly...

Largo, Maryland
Level Contributor
497 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many times a day do YOU think about it?

Ditto. And no there is nothing wrong with you.

I think about Jamaica even when I don't have a trip planned.

I think I have every Jamaica and Negril website saved in my favorites...at home AND at work, LOL.

One Luv

Luvsdaislands

Oconomowoc...
Level Contributor
205 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How many times a day do YOU think about it?

My name is Tracy and I too..am addicted to Jamaica. I leave Trip Advisor up on my computer 8 hours a day so I don't miss anything people are talking about. I read (or try to) all the reviews. I log on and read the Gleaner and the Observer every day. In addition to TA, I read several other boards that are mostly about Jamaica. My screen saver is the main pool at SWH. I drive my friends crazy by emailing every "new" thing I learn about Jamaica..ieg..missing sand..

And, I booked by up coming Feb 2009 trip in April of 2008.

So, Nope..nothing wrong with you!!

Moncton, NB Canada
Level Contributor
115 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How many times a day do YOU think about it?

Hi Lori

My name is Barb, from Canada and I'm here to tell you that there is nothing wrong with you at ALL, you sound totally normal to me.........Jamaica is a wonderful place........I myself listen to Irie FM at home all the time, I don't even know the local news, but I know what is going on in Jamaica.........lol

I was in Runaway Bay this past April, and I'm going back this November.........counting the days.....

Enjoy your trip

england
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How many times a day do YOU think about it?

I too am an addict and drive my family and friends mad!!!!!

On here all the time. Ditto to all you said MamarazziLori, couldnt have put it better myself..

There is just always something to learn on here and pass on to someone else and helps me stay close to my favourite place in the world..

I normally book as soon as i get back to go again, keeps me sane!! listen to reggaie all the time in my car, do change it periodically

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
872 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: How many times a day do YOU think about it?

Hi everyone:

I like this thread a lot...it actually feels good to say this out, this thread is like "an addicted group therapy".....so here goes everything...

Hi, my name is Sara and I'm also addicted to JA and this crazy website...I check this site many times in one day...this is like the 4th time opening this site since 9am this morning...I like to see where everyone is going and what they're saying...I read all the new reviews that pops up on the new review area...look at photos non-stop...and once in a while chime in on thread..so thanks Lori for this thread...but December is not coming fast enough for me...Like you...I'm wishing fall will fly by quicker...oh..it'll be our first time to JA...

Sara

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
872 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: How many times a day do YOU think about it?

....oh...btw..if something is wrong w/ you..then something if definitely wrong w/ all of us...LOL..including me..so you're not alone...

Sara

california
Level Contributor
28 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How many times a day do YOU think about it?

I check Trip Advisor all day at work and again in the evening...next thing you know its bedtime. I read all the most current reviews...sometimes the negative ones just for a laugh! It's on my calendar at work, home and in my personal planner. Everybody at work knows I'm going...including my clients. I make constant lists of things to do for my trip! I leave in 4 weeks...I love it!!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
537 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How many times a day do YOU think about it?

Whoo-hoooo! Hand up here. Hi, I'm J.---sometimes known as the Rum Cream Lady/Crazeeee White Woman. I admit, I AM a Jamaicaholic. My first trip to the island was when you still got off the plane on the tarmac---steps down and out you go. I knew the moment I hit the doorway to get off the plane---hadn't even taken a step, my life would never be the same. I could feel it! I still have a zip-lock bag with a sundress in it that I wore on the beach my last day there in April. I ever so gently unzip it a bit and can still smell that wonderful smell. Seven visits now---8 soon come. I don't think I'll ever get enough of Jamaica. Nothing is wrong with you---you certainly aren't alone. Addicts/Jamaicaholics---yah, mon! 1luv

Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
108 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How many times a day do YOU think about it?

I feel soooo much better!

It is so nice to meet you ALL!!!!!!!

Thanks for all your testimonials!

My husband has been been breaking in to spontanious HAPPY DANCES at strange times...

Last night, as I was writing this.. He was sitting on the couch across from me (only 5 feet away) and the freak texted me "Guess what? We're going to Jamaica! We're going to Jamaica!"

Lol.. he has caught the fever too!

Glad to know that I am not alone!

Lori

ps... keep the stories coming... this is the place to "come out" with our "problem" he he he