We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

negril or runaway bay? who's been to both that can help us?

White Horse Beach...
Level Contributor
375 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
negril or runaway bay? who's been to both that can help us?

We are looking for a nice beach, warm water, golf and a great pool. I have been to a small AI in Bahamas, and a huge AI in Punta Cana...hoping for something in between.

Also, some half-way decent food. We are highly considering Breezes Runaway and since we have never been to Jamaica, we are clueless. Looking to go late january for our 30th anniversary.

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: negril or runaway bay? who's been to both that can help us?

Hi dani,

I've been to both Negril and Runaway Bay many times each. I personally prefer Runaway Bay... it's much quieter overall and the community is just so warm and welcoming. Breezes Runaway Bay is imo one of the best a/i resorts you'll ever find! Mid-sized, only two stories high, excellent dining and drinks, excellent entertainment (the best house band I've ever seen), three beautiful free-form pools, a gorgeous beach and a great championship golf course directly ON property. Super fun resort all around!

Blessings and respect to you.

Steve

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,127 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: negril or runaway bay? who's been to both that can help us?

Steve's absolutely right, I give BRB a double thumbs up and I've not even been there since thier major remodel. I can only assume it's even better now!

With that said however, Runaway Bay's a very sleepy area with not a ton going on off the resort. If you're looking to stroll down the beach and catch a live band, sample various bars, etc. then Negril's much more the place to go.

3. Re: negril or runaway bay? who's been to both that can help us?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 05:24