We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September in Jamaica

Derry
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
September in Jamaica

Hi

I am getting married in Sept and was thinking of Jamaica as a honeymoon destination. However I am being put off due to the weather situation and the fact that it is hurricane season. Has anyone ever been in September and if so what was the weather like?

Any suggestions on any other destinations or places to stay would be most welcome.

Many thanks

Michael

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: September in Jamaica

It could totally be hit or miss...if there's no hurricane in the immediate area it will likely be beautiful. It is, however, the HEART of hurricane season.

I think anything in the Caribbean will be in the same boat. Maybe something off the west coast? Possibly Costa Rica or Belize, I don't know about the hurricane issue in those locations, but they're significantly South and West so they might not have the problem.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
2. Re: September in Jamaica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 02:16