We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passport Emergency!!!!

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Passport Emergency!!!!

Ok guys I need your help here.

We have a travel companion coming with us this trip who applied for his passport a little later then he should have.

Fast forward to the fact that we are leaving on Saturday so he called the passport agency who said that his passport is in "processing" and that he won't get it in time. They asked if they could expedite it and they said he could try but there were no guarantees it would work or get here in time.

So what other option does he have? Has anyone ever went to an actual passport agency (like in Philadelphia) and if so do they give you your passport on the spot? The passport agency still has his birth cert so I think they said something like they could pull up a certified copy of it???

Being that it's Saturday we can't get a hold of anyone and the online checking system for passport status is and has been down for days.

PLEASE help....this is my daughters boyfriend and if he doesn't get on that plane she is going to be one miserable creature for a week!!!

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Passport Emergency!!!!

wish I could help you Patti but I'm canadian. Good luck!

Springfield...
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Passport Emergency!!!!

Call your state reps office first thing, or they may even have an off hours # you can call. You may be able to 'walk' it through the rest of the process. I have known people that have done this and had their new passport in hand when they left the building.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Passport Emergency!!!!

I went to the Fed building in Philly when I got my first passport, but that was almost 20 years ago. THey are right on 6th and Market if I recall.

If anyone could help you, it would be them. Have all your (his) docs and your checkbook ready to pay though.

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Passport Emergency!!!!

Ok I have my checkbook and his docs ready. I have him on the phone now trying to get a Monday appt at the Philly office, it's on Chestnut Street. I know it's pricey but we are desperate. I warned them about this months in advance but I won't even go there right now!!!!

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Passport Emergency!!!!

Good gosh, the first available appt is the 2nd!!!! We leave on the 4th. I can't deal with this. I hate procrastinators!!!!!!!!

Krim, I'm trying to get a hold of the state rep!!

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,137 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Passport Emergency!!!!

Did you book through a travel agent? If so, let them deal with it. I lost my driver's license (back when you just needed a photo id and birth cert) like three or four days before our honeymoon and was freaking out. My TA got me a passport in three days (ordered Wed, had on Fri) and this is in a small town in Northern Michigan. I know the company she went through was called Perry International in Chicago...don't know if they're a passport agency or what, but it was quick!

Good Luck!!

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,137 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Passport Emergency!!!!

I do have to chuckle a little though, as this seems like the kind of impression I generally made with my wife's family while we were dating...he he he...

nj
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Passport Emergency!!!!

been to the passport office in nyc it took 2 two this was ten years ago

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,529 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Passport Emergency!!!!

Here is the Philly location. I'm sure he will be able to get that taken care of on the spot or in 24-48hrs.

…state.gov/passport/…agencies_899.html

New Jersey
12 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Passport Emergency!!!!

I just sent for a renewal (name change) w/ expedited service. I mailed it out on Tue, March 17th and the new passport was on my doorstep Tue, March 24th.

Good luck!