We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My overdue trip report! (warning-might be long)

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
854 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
My overdue trip report! (warning-might be long)

First off I must apologize for being so tardy, I returned to find my computer under major attack by a virus and have just now gotten rid of it (well I hope so anyway)

Secondly, sorry to those that I didn't meet at CA because I am such a poor "meet n greet" planner! (and the pink/purple in my hair faded almost right away in the sun/pool/ocean so you couldn't recognize me from anyone else)

K, so here goes: Night that we are leaving, we go to our hang out and have dinner and drinks. Hubby drives us to airport as Paula and I are happily inebriated! Park in the airport parking lot and don't write down stall # (big mistake!)

Uneventful flight to connection, we didn't sleep tho Paula did. Get to Montigo finally, go through customs, takes about an hour. Meet up with driver, stow luggage, grab 2 Red Stripes each (Beer, it's what's for breakfast!) Sit up front to see better and talk to driver who is a plethora of info I hadn't heard before. Stop half way, more beer!

We are 2nd stop for drop off! Yea!! We are at CA!

Check in. Don't get keys. Gilbert the manager takes us into his office and says he has "good news, and bad news" Bad news is they are overbooked for the night, but good news is they are putting us up at Breezes Runaway for the night! No problem mon! Off we go! That is one nice resort!

We change go to the pool, hubby naps. I join them later after my nap and meet some wonder guys from Long Island! Shout out to the Postal Service! LOL!

Sat. morn. breakfast, pool, wait for taxi to CA. In the mean time the hook on the back of my bathing suit breaks! Luckily-for me- I have a sun dress on!

Back to CA! Rooms not ready, but no biggy, we get lunch and meet George and Barb (Pookness) from here (he recognizes the color in my hair that is still there at this point)

Finally get to our rooms # 68 & 69 on the far side of the pool. Nice! Lovely views!

Oh, we experienced Oxtail at lunch. That is new to all of us. Different. Later met Julie (Julih) from here. Nice lady! Had a 30 min. massage! Great!

Bought some minutes for internet and after typing a nice long post my mins ran out before I hit the post button! Dagnabit!

MOnday the 6th, woken up at 8:30 by tour person! WTF? Later in the day we blow up our foatie/hammocks and proceed to provide comic relief to those watching us try and get into them!

After lunch Paula and I go off to Ziggy's Walmart, and Cliff's for a drink and to chat with locals. Get proposed to twice! LOL!

Time for Paula's massage. Later so goes to nap as does hubby go to watch soccer. I am alone at pool (5:30 -6 pmish) and I play in the pool like I did as a kid! Hand stands and pretending to be a mermaid etc.

Nice dinner then watched great show and awesome singer! Saw Gilbert dancing on the side and I went and danced with him, at this he drug me onstage with him to dance with him, Scooby and Maria! I was soooo embarrassed but what the heck! Went to the disco later and pole danced(well sort of). Got hot and tired so Paula and I went skinny dipping before heading to our rooms to sleep!

Tues, 7th

Pretty much just hung out at pool.Went to Flavours for the JamaicaSteve meet and greet. He finally shows up and we have a nice chat with him and his friend Paul from the school. Sadly tho, the wedding is off as his fiance decides to move back to the states at the last min! Boo!!! (he gave me permission to mention that) We are the only ones to show up. Boo again! Took some great sunset pictures there! Later back at CA, Paula and I were judges at Mr Club Ambiance that night and wow! Some guys really want to know why they didn't win! It's just a silly game! Get over it! LOL Disco later.

Wed 8th, walked up the street to market but didn't see any thing we wanted. Stopped at Cliffs again, chatted with locals again. I join in on the afternoon games and meet Stacy? and her boyfriend (so sorry I think I have the name wrong) from TA and they tell me everyone is looking for me! Yikes! Bad meet n greet planner!

Got Paul to drive us to Schotchies that night for dinner to meet up with a friend from the dental project. Had a great meal and great time with all!

Sadly, it's the 9th and time to go already!

Told to be at front desk at 8 AM but bus doesn't come till 9:15- I could have slept longer!!!

Airport, get up to our turn in line and the computers go down! Wait 20 mins. finally go through security and shop really fast, go to lounge and down 2 beers and run to gate only to ....wait. Oh well. Barely make it to connection after customs and Charlotte, uneventful flight (except the part where I try to sleep but get those stupid jerk motions just as you fall asleep and I kick the guy sitting next to me! )

We arrive in Seattle and it take 30 bloody mins for the luggage to come out then off the the parking lot. Wait a min, where's the car???? A freaking hour later we find it after going to security and they tell us where is it (let's just say it was wayyyyy off from where we thought it was!!) LOL!

Back home, sadly but it is nice to get into my own bed.

Takes a week for me to unpack! OHHHHH and I ALMOST wore every piece of clothing I brought!!! So there! ;-)

Well, I think that's about it. Fabulous trip and time. Loved every minute of it!!!

Can't wait to go back in Sept!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
854 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My overdue trip report! (warning-might be long)

OOPS! I forgot to proof read it so please forgive any mistakes!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
854 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My overdue trip report! (warning-might be long)

Double oops! Forgot to link some of the pics! Hope this works:

tripadvisor.com/PostReply-g147309-i69-k27220…

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
854 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My overdue trip report! (warning-might be long)

that was wrong! Lets try again;

www.facebook.com/profile.php…

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,786 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My overdue trip report! (warning-might be long)

Nice - I enjoyed your photos too :)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
746 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My overdue trip report! (warning-might be long)

Great report i love the pics!!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
4,834 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My overdue trip report! (warning-might be long)

Loved the trip report! Can't see the pics cus I don't have a facebook account.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,038 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My overdue trip report! (warning-might be long)

Sounds like you had fun :) - Can't believe my mate George (pookness) was there would have told you to say hi, George is great fun :)

If you read this George "HELLO" xx

Texas City, Texas
Level Contributor
354 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My overdue trip report! (warning-might be long)

sounds like you had a great time!!!I just LOVE Flavours.

Birmingham/uk
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My overdue trip report! (warning-might be long)

Hi seattlemrsblondie,

Nice report back and good photo's, thanks for sharing.

Glad you enjoyed your time. :>)

ONE LOVE!!

United, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
264 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My overdue trip report! (warning-might be long)

Enjoyed reading your report,got my first laugh of the day, and then some. Glad you had a good time. Thanks