We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandal's Prices (65% off, etc.)

Hamilton, Michigan
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sandal's Prices (65% off, etc.)

Looking to book something this fall at Sandal's. Are these claims of 60-65% off, really that great of a deal? Is anyone ever paying full price, or only 25-30% off for that matter? Are the prices just artifically inflated so people believe they are getting a great deal?

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandal's Prices (65% off, etc.)

Sandal's does have inflated prices. I don't think anyone pays the "retail" price. They always have a sale of some sort although there are times where you can get a better deal.

During the time when flights prices were really high, due to high oil prices, they were offering "free flights" along with sale prices. Which seems great but the price of the room was adjusted.

So they do have some deals but it depends on the time of year and, right now, the economy.

IMHO, I think their upper end rooms are overpriced in general for what you get. Sure the room is nice and you may have a butler but the rest of the resort you get the same thing as the person who paid $5k or more less.

I will say that I went to Sandals last year and had a great time. It was my 3rd all inclusive in 3 years and it was close to the top, maybe falling just shy of Couples.

Milford, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandal's Prices (65% off, etc.)

This question is very debatable, to say the least. I think MANY resorts/businesses play the numbers games to make you feel like you are getting a great deal. Look at the auto industry!

I have seen the prices higher, that's for sure. Some resorts/room catagories/dates are better deals than others. I can get a butler suite at Sandals Negril for a week in April, 2011, for around $3,300 and that is an amazing price considering I am paying about $500 less for only a Premium room for 8 nights in April, 2010.

My answer to you is, if you like the price, then it's a great deal.

IrieLady

3. Re: Sandal's Prices (65% off, etc.)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2010, 07:26