We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for a great all inclusive, Feb or April

Wallingford...
Level Contributor
212 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
looking for a great all inclusive, Feb or April

Hi All,

I am looking for a great all inclusive, less than $500 night in the Caribbean that has top shelf liquors, above average food. So you know what I am used to I just got back from Moon Palace and Royal Cancun in Cancun. Please post any suggestions since I am eager to start planning!! None in the Dominican, went there and just didn't care for it at all!

~Sandy

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for a great all inclusive, Feb or April

Iberostar Grand Rose Hall.

Wallingford...
Level Contributor
212 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for a great all inclusive, Feb or April

Thanks, it looks a little pricey though above my $500 limit. I will do like 525 if I have to. Have you been there and what did you pay per night?

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for a great all inclusive, Feb or April

I would look at Couples or Sandals. Personally I would choose Couples but you might not find a lot of "top shelf" booze there. There will be a couple bars with decent stuff but don't expect it at the swim-up bar.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for a great all inclusive, Feb or April

Couples has top shelf...you just have to ask.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: looking for a great all inclusive, Feb or April

You indicate that you want to travel either Feb. or Apr. If you can wait until Apr.15th. the rates drop by 30-40% starting then for slow season.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: looking for a great all inclusive, Feb or April

Yeah, like most AIs they typically will give you the cheap stuff unless you ask for something specific. It does depend what you are looking for in terms of "top shelf". When I was at Couples, for vodka, they had Kettle One as top shelf in the martini bar. That was the only bar I saw it. Most of their other "top shelf" alcohols I saw I would consider "middle shelf", not the best stuff but not the worst either.

If your interested in Couples, ask questions on their message board on their website. You could probably get up-to-date info on what people had while they were there.

Wallingford...
Level Contributor
212 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: looking for a great all inclusive, Feb or April

I just priced Iberostar Grand Rose Hall with my TA and it wasn't bad at all....I think I am gonna go with that one since it's the nicest looking. We wanted something upscale and I don't really care for the sandals brand, they left a bad taste in my mouth when i was planning my destination wedding (obviously I didn't use them)

Thanks all for your suggestions!!!

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: looking for a great all inclusive, Feb or April

The Caves :)

9. Re: looking for a great all inclusive, Feb or April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2010, 06:16