We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip report Dolphin cove

england
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
trip report Dolphin cove

The girls swam with the dolphins and had a great time. the looks on their faces was amazing..first off they went into the wrong group..they were put into the swim ecounter which included the push and pull..once the dolphin trainer realised he sent them over to the proper group..the girls liked this as they got the chance to swim just in front of the two dolphins they had who splashed them as they swam past..

The encounter lasted around half hour and they had two dolphins between 8 people...they did several things that included kissing and touching the dolphins.. it was a once in a life time swim for them..and something my younger daughter always wanted to do.

the dolphin show they put on was fab at the end..

also while here you can do the encounter with the stingrays.we all did this..the stingrays are not heavy and feel slimey..the one we held was female and twice the size of the male..when i held it it was all calm, ok with daughter no 1, when daughter no 2 held it it started getting restless.the trainer said it was a teenager..

we didnt do the shark encounter..saw people hold the sharks.

also here is kyaks, speed boats, and you can do snorkelling.

best to make a day of it..

it was a great day out, and i am sure i will be back at some point to swim with them again myself

Dressel Divers
Scuba & Snorkeling
Scubacaribe
Scuba & Snorkeling
Sunny Tours Jamaica
Taxis & Shuttles, Scuba & Snorkeling, Nature & Wildlife Tours, City Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Scuba Caribe
Scuba & Snorkeling
Level Contributor
455 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: trip report Dolphin cove

Taz- I also did the Swim encounter, best experience of my life will never forget it. My only regret was I should've paid the extra $$'s to include the push and pull, it looked like alot of fun. This excursion would definately be on my list again.

Shiner, Texas
Level Contributor
937 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip report Dolphin cove

taz-were is your group staying at?

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trip report Dolphin cove

there is quite a thread going by flip flop man on OTC about this subject. Check it out.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i9659-k2996291-…

england
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trip report Dolphin cove

acrv06

we stayed at club ambiance in runaway bay..

I did the push and pull last year and it was terrific..

thanks WR will check it out soon

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
938 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trip report Dolphin cove

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147309-i69-k30079…

interesting....

southern NJ
Level Contributor
57 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: trip report Dolphin cove

SO glad you had fun!! We did this in the Bahamas and LOVED it. I can't wait until both of our kids are old enough to do it.

england
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: trip report Dolphin cove

sweetpea..

Thamks

The dolphins at dolphin cove appear to be well looked after..they have a large swim area to swim about in, maybe not as big as the ocean.. but they have the biggest area i have seen..In other countries i have seen the dolphins do performances and shows and they are in large tanks.. not swimming in the natural ocean but man made tanks..thats what i dont like..

Speaking to some of the trainers they said that a couple of the dolphins were rescued..had they of still been in the sea would they still be around who knows..they were injured, when they came to them, they cared for them looked after them and brought them back to good health..they survived..some of the dolphins have been born into the cove.. a couple have been set free but came back again to the cove..

I dont no where they get all their dolphins from..but no they are cared for well.. a few people have said they have swam with them at other places but they have found that they are calmer and better cared for there..

I would prefer to see them in their natural environment too..

8. Re: trip report Dolphin cove

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2010, 07:28