We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Sandals property?

Level Contributor
488 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Sandals property?

For you Sandals vacationers...which Sandals has been your favourite? How do the Sandals in Jamaica compare to Antigua & St. Lucia?

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
199 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Sandals property?

Hey, we have either stayed at or visited all the sandals except for: Negril, Sandals Inn and the new Emerald Bay (not open yet). For my detailed comparisons you should take a look at my reviews, which you can find by clicking on my username. I try to provide a comparison to the other resorts in each review.

Our two favorite Sandals have been Whitehouse and Royal Bahamian. The island of St. Lucia is gorgeous, very safe and has great people, but the resorts were only mediocre. Antigua has potential to be an awesome resort - the beach is gorgeous as is the resort, unfortunately if you read my review, the service and food are pretty poor and the beach is very busy with vendors, which I really don't enjoy - this is why I like Whitehouse so much...it's very secluded with a huge beach.

I tend to be a bit long winded so I'm going to stop here. If you have any specific comparisons you'd like made feel free to let me know and I'll do my best to help.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Sandals property?

I have stayed at most Sandals properties and IMO it depends on what you are looking for.

Negril is a nice resort on a lovely beach; MoBay and Royal Caribbean really could use a refresh IMO; Royal Bahamian has not been getting very good reviews. We were there last year and it seems they also need to spend a few bucks on this resort.

Sandals Antigua has a great beach and pretty grounds and I like Antigua. Food was not very good at this property.

Dunns River has always been my personal favorite of the Sandals in Jamaica but soon it will not be a Sandals.

Grande St Lucia is large and sprawling with a pretty beach. It was ok but I think I would choose Halcyon if I were to stay at a Sandals there again.

SGOR was my least favorite of all their resorts.

Have not been to WH and would like to go except that we do not like to be tied to the resort and it is pretty much in the middle of no where.

Have not been to a Sandals in a while as our last few visits were disappointing so we stay elsewhere but have to say that Emerald Bay looks fabulous and could make us change our minds!

Level Contributor
488 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Sandals property?

Thanks for the great postings. Any other comments from Sandals fans?

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Sandals property?

We have stayed at the Royal Carribean, Whitehouse and Mobay.

mobay will always hold a special place in our hearts because it was the first sandals we vacationed at and we had a wonderful time. Been there 3 times but the last time we felt a little out of place as the crowd was getting younger and more rowdy. Nothing wrong with that we just would rather chill and relax. Whitehouse was beautiful with great rooms, pools and beaches but it is across the island and in the middle of nowhere. It takes a while to get there and we really lost our first and last days there because of travel time. This past year we went to the RC and its a smaller more intimate resort. We loved it had a wonderful time got upgraded to a river suite. rented a cabana on the beach and wife loved that! I love its closeness to the airport because by noon im on the beach with a drink in my hand.

Level Contributor
488 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Sandals property?

All great feedback. Caviargal, I am enjoying the Sandals vacations but am interested in knowing where you were going for a while there...did you find other resorts that have all the amenities the Sandals properties have? More than anything I would love it if Sandals would build on different islands. I am anxious to hear reviews about Emerald Bay.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Sandals property?

We go to Couples now when we want an AI and CSA is our favorite. We like to split a stay between cliffs and beach if we can get away for a week.

As for other islands, we like Galley Bay in Antigua, Le Sport in St. Lucia and want to try LeSource in Grenada.

We do go to the Mayan Riviera for the occasional long weekend as flights are cheap. There we really enjoy LeBlanc which is much more upscale and luxurious than any of the Sandals resorts.

7. Re: Best Sandals property?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2010, 05:16