We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st timers to jamacia - HELP !!

Somerset, United...
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Topic
1st timers to jamacia - HELP !!

Hi can anyone help us in our decision making. We are planning our first trip to Jamacia but are unsure what resort to stay in. We plan to do the following excursions (Rio Grande Rafting / Triple Treat (incl. Dunn's River Falls / Black River Safari) but are unsure how far the venues are from Runaway Bay Royal Decameron Club Caribbean hotel which we have been thiking of booking. Your opinions would be most welcome as to be honest we are totally confused where to book. Many thanks Gazzadevon

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st timers to jamacia - HELP !!

Greetings,

Runaway Bay is a great central location. The only thing I would suggest is perhaps leave out the Black River Safari as it is a LONG ways from there. Instead I would do : Rio Grand, Dunns River and either Green Grotto Caves or Mystic Mountain...

Blessings and respect.

Steve

United States
Level Contributor
10,962 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st timers to jamacia - HELP !!

I agree Runaway Bay is a good central location and that the Black River is a long way to the Black River. If you must do the rafting, Duns River, and the Black River then a hotel in the Montego Bay area would probably be better from a location stand point. Otherwise plan for a long trip from Runaway Bay to the Black River and back.

brantford, ontario...
Level Contributor
713 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st timers to jamacia - HELP !!

this is a great resort all new and not far sunset jamaica grande resort i will be there feb 20 and the pricie,s is good to happy traveling

england
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st timers to jamacia - HELP !!

Rnaway bay is a great area to go to. and close to amny places

dunns river falls is about 15min away.

Black river is around 4hrs away, a long day out.. although we did it and combined YS falls as they are relatively close to each other.. did enjoy the day out though.

RDCC is a great hotel.

5. Re: 1st timers to jamacia - HELP !!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2010, 07:18