We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bulls Bay

Fairmont, Minnesota
Level Contributor
74 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Bulls Bay

Can anyone tell me about this place? I have heard there is some great snorkeling there but not sure exactly where it is or much about it.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bulls Bay

do you know which part of the island you might be talking about?... the only bulls bay that is coming to my mind at the moment is a town/community just east of kingston... very commonly flood spot during storms, not somewhere i'd think of when i think of snorkling at all...

there is likely another one, i'm just drawing a blank at the moment...

Chelle

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bulls Bay

the only bull bay I know of is the same one as Chelle...about 10 miles outside of Kingston.

aag.org/sustainable/gallery/projects/wolmers…

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,558 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bulls Bay

I've noticed a place called Bulls Bay on the ride to and from the airport on the highway to Negril...the water always seems so rough there. Its right outside of Lucea, closer to Montego Bay I think. (The sign is hand written but it points out to a rocky ciff area that looks somewhat done up and the sea)

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bulls Bay

Yes You're right Rastagirl. It's a very nice little beach and good for swimming. I don't know how the snorkelling is there, and don't think there's a reef. Beyond Harbour View, east of Kingston is Bull Bay (not Bulls)

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bulls Bay

To add a little more regarding Bulls Bay:

I cannot imagine it being used for snorkelling. Besides me thinking there's no reef, it's very much a locals only beach; often deserted or only a handful of locals on, mainly children. No lifeguards, no fishing boats. The sea has always been calm and good for swimming when I have visited, but the beach cannot be seen from the main road. Access to the beach is via the old coast road.

Edited: 26 February 2010, 02:06
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bulls Bay

JAS...isn't there a drive-in movie theatre out that way (is it still open?) i think it's closer to harbour view still, but i know it is/was in that direction...

Chelle

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bulls Bay

The drive-in was / is at Harbour View. I've no idea if it's still open and have never been to it.

Fairmont, Minnesota
Level Contributor
74 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bulls Bay

From the info you all have provided, I think it must be near Lucea... some friends that have been to Jamaica numerous times have mentioned it and I know they see places most of the tourists don't go to... so this must be the place. Thanks fagain for the information. 21 days until our return to Negril....Can hardly wait...

Montreal, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Bulls Bay

Hi,

I spent four days in bulls bay 6 years ago. I was tired of montego bay. I went to lucea with my girlfriend and found this place and decided to stay there for a couple of days, a grand mother offered us room and cooking . People in the village were very nice. The little beach is really beautiful. I saw fisherman in the morning in a pirogue. This is realy jamaica.

It's a little Paradise. very poor village, nice people,. Hard to find.

good luck ! François

10. Re: Bulls Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2010, 05:15