We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Jamaica with a baby

yorkshire ,
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling to Jamaica with a baby

In December I will be travelling to montego bay, staying in the iberostar rose hall beach .

We will also be taking our 5 months old baby , just wanted to know of any advise from others who have travelled with a baby , ie what things we will need that can not be bought out there, or are really expensive that sort of thing.

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling to Jamaica with a baby

When I travelled this winter (to grenada though...) with my 3 month old I brought loads of diapers as they are costly....on the flip side formula (we hit a bumpy patch with nursing...) in Grenada was cheap - the same for JA?

I really enjoyed bringing a sun tent for baby as my son is PALE!!! But regardless it was a safe comfy spot for any baby to nap pool or beach side....

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling to Jamaica with a baby

i'd say everything you'd need can be found in jamaica.. if you are sticky to certain brands, bring them from home..... most things are pricier, but if you are open to the more "no name" brands (typically from central/south america, i've never heard of most), then you can find things about equivilent pricing to UK/North America (if not cheaper)... (can't help with formula, sorry)...

def a good sun tent or similar... a stroller/pushchair or even a pack and play (playpen) are all invaluable to keep baby comfortable and out of the sun to nap or just observe the world... a hot sticky baby is no fun to be in arms all the time!

Enjoy

Chelle

3. Re: Travelling to Jamaica with a baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2010, 07:16