We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Mountain Bicycle Tours - anyone experienced these?

cardiff
Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Mountain Bicycle Tours - anyone experienced these?

Sounds like fun! They also have a Port Antonio tour from Ochos Rios which takes in a rafting trip down the Rio Grande river - wondering if anyone has done that either?

MN
Level Contributor
912 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Mountain Bicycle Tours - anyone experienced these?

The Blue Mountain Bike tour is awesome!!!

I've done this tour 3 times and plan to go again this coming April!

It is an all day tour, but so worth it!! It's a nice break from the beach, and the scenery is beautiful! On a clear day you can see Kingston.. =)

They will take you roughly 19 miles up into the Blue Mountains and you basically coast the whole way down.. Stopping along the way to learn about the coffee plantation and other local plants, etc.. You will also stop for brunch and a late lunch at the little restaurant.. At the end of your ride you will come to a beautiful waterfall that you can take a swim in!

cardiff
Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Mountain Bicycle Tours - anyone experienced these?

Thanks for the input! It definately sounds like my cup of tea!

I was just a bit confused (which i've put on another thread) about the condition of the road as they start the downhill ride from Harware Gap which is at the peak of the road from Newcastle to Buff Bay - which is supposedly washed-out.

Which direction did you go downhill from the peak - towards Kingston or back towards Buff Bay/Ochos Rios??? And which route did they take you up to the peak?

3. Re: Blue Mountain Bicycle Tours - anyone experienced these?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2011, 05:16