We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets vs. Couples ?

Waterford...
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets vs. Couples ?

So...I'm looking for a great honeymoon spot in Jamaica. Either a couples resort or. Secrets resort. The most important things are:

1. Big, roomy quality suite

2. Big, long beautiful beach

3. Activities, shopping, snorkling, boat rides, etc

4. Great food!!!

5. $$$-Under 4300

Please help me. I've never been on a vacation so I want our honeymoon to be spectacular. We don't want a resort thats remote, id like to be close to the airport or a town for shopping. We are both very romantic people if that helps. If you like these same things in that order or of you have valuable information please save me! Travel date is may 21-28

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,500 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets vs. Couples ?

Couples Swept Away and Couples Negril easily meet all of your 5 items. Secrets does not have a long beautiful beach (it's man made and short), does not have the same all-inclusive activities as Couples, but has decent rooms, food and is within your budget. From an architectural viewpoint the buildings at either Couples are also much better.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets vs. Couples ?

I agree Blues Pirate. We love Couples and you certainly can't beat the inclusions. Jamaica is not a shopping destination by any means so don't put too much emphasis on that part of your honeymoom.

The big advantage of Couples is the size of the resorts. They are boutique, which means the staff are very attentive and know you by name. Secrets is over 700 rooms. I would recommend Swept Away for a honeymoon.

Waterford...
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets vs. Couples ?

So far great posts, thank you! How about the most important part? The suites? I want decent sized room with an oceanview and with a balcony. and suggestions there? What are the highlights for these rooms or suites in your opinion? Ex. two person hot tub, Bed, Balcony, etc...Thanks again!!!

Tell City
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets vs. Couples ?

>> How about the most important part? The suites?

>>I want decent sized room with an oceanview and with a balcony.

That can be had at CSA, but expect a more simple room. If a more fancy room / bath w/ whirlpool tub ect is important, then Secretes would offer that

5. Re: Secrets vs. Couples ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2011, 05:37