We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Wild Orchid over Couples Swept Away...?

Waterford...
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets Wild Orchid over Couples Swept Away...?

So im planning a trip for my honeymoon to wild orchid over couples resort swept away. Good Choice?

These are my priorites:

1. Big, roomy quality suite

2. Nice Beach, Nicer Pool

3. Activities, shopping, snorkling, boat rides, etc

4. Great food!!!

5. $$$

Honestly i want a nice room, its our honeymoon. It seemed as though a couples resort suite didnt stand up to a secrets resort suite. Am i wrong?

Is there alot of activities in Wild Orchid?

How about shopping? ex. local vendors

Is the Preferred Club worth it?

How are the pools and beaches?

Im in desperate need of some help. Any suggestions?

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Wild Orchid over Couples Swept Away...?

So im planning a trip for my honeymoon to wild orchid over couples resort swept away. Good Choice?

These are my priorites:

1. Big, roomy quality suite

** SECRETS MORE LUXURIOUS BUT HIGHRISE HOTEL STYLE.

2. Nice Beach, Nicer Pool

** COUPLES WINS HANDS DOWN FOR BEACH BUT SECRETS FOR POOL.

3. Activities, shopping, snorkling, boat rides, etc

** MANY MORE INCLUDED EXCURSIONS AND ACTIVITIES AT COUPLES

4. Great food!!!

5. $$$

** SIMILAR IN COST DEPENDING ON ROOM CATEGORY

Honestly i want a nice room, its our honeymoon. It seemed as though a couples resort suite didnt stand up to a secrets resort suite. Am i wrong?

** COUPLES IS A VERY LAID BACK, COMFORTABLE RESORT. NOT GLITZ AND MARBLE.

Is there alot of activities in Wild Orchid?

How about shopping? ex. local vendors

SAME FOR BOTH RESORTS. JAMAICA IS NOT A SHOPPING DESTINATION BY ANY MEANS

Is the Preferred Club worth it?

How are the pools and beaches?

Im in desperate need of some help. Any suggestions?

I haven't stayed at Secrets but have stayed at 3 of the 4 Couples. I have however stayed on top of the reviews for Secrets from the day they opened. There is a thread on here by Flipflopman that details his 2 week stay at Secrets that may help you a lot.

I looked at Secrets for your upcoming trip but we really enjoy Couples and the relaxed vibe there. We love the no tipping policy that is actually enforced and the inclusions that no other resort offers. Couples is much smaller and we get wonderful service from staff that know our name the entire trip. There are tons of reviews for both properties so please read through them and see what appeals. You might also want to look at The Jewel Dunns River. Prices are amazing and the reviews so far are outstanding. I stayed there when it was Sandals and it was lovely.

Tell City
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets Wild Orchid over Couples Swept Away...?

If the room & pools are a priority then Secrets would fit the bill. As far as the PC, I didn't think it was a must have & I didn't feel as if we missed out on anything by not booking it either. So that is something that you would have to decide.

Tell City
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets Wild Orchid over Couples Swept Away...?

Regarding snorkeling, boat rides, etc, prepare to pay additional charges at Secrets. These are the things that one must consider when booking. If you would like to do such, Sandals & Couples would be the best choice. These things add up & at those resorts they offer & you can do as much as you can possible book during your stay as part of your AI.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets Wild Orchid over Couples Swept Away...?

The one thing I would like to add to your comparisons which I haven't noticed is location.

Secrets is nowhere near Couples Swept away...

One is a new resort that will not have lush vegitation and gardens. Sunsets are beautiful in Negril.

Negril is a complete experience by itself and missing out on one of the most beautiful beaches in the world is a shame.

The island is fairly large and each area has its own beauty and feel.

City vs Country kind of thing.

Enjoy your honeymoon

5. Re: Secrets Wild Orchid over Couples Swept Away...?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2011, 05:16