We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do i need to register my passport in advance from u.k. ??

Rhondda, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
Do i need to register my passport in advance from u.k. ??

hi all, iv'e heard recently that when you now fly from the u.k. you need to register your passport details in advance. can anyone help please on where i can do this & firstly if it is true !. thanx in advance.

st.paul,mn
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Do i need to register my passport in advance from u.k. ??

Before I travel I have always registered my passport here @ the usa embassy and the embassy to where I am going. I register on the embassy website.

st.paul,mn
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Do i need to register my passport in advance from u.k. ??

Before I travel I have always registered my passport here @ the usa embassy and the embassy to where I am going. I register on the embassy website.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,239 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do i need to register my passport in advance from u.k. ??

valandbob

Are you referring to Advance Passenger Information (API)?

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
2,778 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do i need to register my passport in advance from u.k. ??

Yes its true it's been in force for a few months now....we were in Negril last week and when we booked the Travel Agent asked for our passports to be taken in so they could register them...speak to your TA they should do it for you...

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,239 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do i need to register my passport in advance from u.k. ??

Who are you flying with. If it's Thos Cook or Thomsons you can do it on their website. Only takes seconds. I've done mine for March with Thomsons.

Rhondda, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Do i need to register my passport in advance from u.k. ??

thanx all, you have been a real help. i will do it asap.

i was running out of time rapidly.

7. Re: Do i need to register my passport in advance from u.k. ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2011, 05:26