We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

REAL Shopping In Jamaica?

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
REAL Shopping In Jamaica?

What if we arrived in Jamaica and our luggage didn't? Where can you go to shop for clothes? I'm not talking Bob t shirts and sarongs. If I wanted nice dresses or pants and shirts for DH where would I go? Answers for Negril and Ocho are appreciatedm

Marnie

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
938 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: REAL Shopping In Jamaica?

I don't have the answer on where to shop, but, I would advise that (if traveling as a couple), to pack at least a full change of clothes in each others checked suitcase and one in your carry on's(including a bathing suit and anything you just can't do without.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,392 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: REAL Shopping In Jamaica?

Wow Marnie, that is not something that I have ever thought of. Be interested in seeing what responses you get.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: REAL Shopping In Jamaica?

We always pack that way. We even put clothes in our golf bags. I really just want to know where the good shopping is LOL

Lansdowne...
Level Contributor
1,857 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: REAL Shopping In Jamaica?

Megamart in Mobay.

i don't think there's much shopping for 'real' clothes available in negril. (not sure about Ochi)

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: REAL Shopping In Jamaica?

There must be somewhere. The girls that work at the resorts wear some beautiful dresses and shoes! I wonder where they shop? Blondie? What do you think?

Lansdowne...
Level Contributor
1,857 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: REAL Shopping In Jamaica?

oh! yes u are right..... I just remembered there's a little shop in downtown negril, it's on the 2nd floor of the Valuemaster plaza, around to the side - i once needed some church clothes and was directed there.

Montego Bay
Level Contributor
895 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: REAL Shopping In Jamaica?

You'd have to go into MoBay or to Kingston.

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: REAL Shopping In Jamaica?

From Ochi you can find some nice things in Brownstown. This is where many locals shop. Good luck and I hope this never happens to you

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,285 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: REAL Shopping In Jamaica?

You should always plan on all your luggage not arriving with you - to that end, make sure you pack a carryon bag with a day or two of clothes change - underwear, bathing suits, etc. plus essential toiletries - toothbrush, toothpaste, sunscreen. Never put your medication, jewelry or any electronics in a checked bag. This way if your bags are "delayed" you are well prepared and all your important stuff is with you.

Just an FYI, when I flew 2 weeks ago all six bags we checked made it with us no problem.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: REAL Shopping In Jamaica?

There are some nice shops in St Ann's Bay ....not that far from Ochi.

We went shopping there with our Jamaican friends and there was some lovely clothes in the shops we went into.