We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tips for booking two week vaca at two different resorts

Canada
Level Contributor
247 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
tips for booking two week vaca at two different resorts

Hi my hubby and me are looking at going for a two week vaca this year and we would like to stay in one area the first week and another area the second week. I would appreciate any info on how to go about it. I talked to a travel agent and she told me the way they find the price for two different resorts is to add the price for a two week stay at one resort and the price of a two week stay at the other resort together then divide that in half and you will have the price per person. But I am wondering if you used sister hotels if they will give you a better price? also if you book one resort then upgrade to another resort would you save money that way? any tips would be appreciated , thanks :)

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,419 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tips for booking two week vaca at two different resorts

Not sure about the formula that the travel agent is using, but we are booked at two resorts for next summer. We wanted to see the other side of the island so we are booked at Couples San Soucci and then Couples Negril. They have a private shuttle that will take us directly to Couples Negril, at no cost to us.

When I booked it, that is exactly how I booked, x number of days at one resort and x number of days at the other. I think it does help when you are staying at sister resorts more for the transportation and whole transfer. The pricing was the same if I booked a week at one of the resorts by itself, no quantity discount.

Canada
Level Contributor
247 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tips for booking two week vaca at two different resorts

Thanks for the reply Blondie, I forgot to mention that we are not booking a separate flight for this. It is cheaper for us to do the charter flight (flight and hotel together) than to book our own flight separate . The big travel companies get their hotel rooms in blocks at a reduced price I believe so this makes the flight plus hotel cheaper. When I try to book it separately it is much more expensive. so I guess that is why the agent said they add the prices together then divide. I dunno, it's my first time at this and I feel kinda like a duck outta water. but super excited :)

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tips for booking two week vaca at two different resorts

Hi Islandgal;

I know what you mean about the big vacation companies and the pricing. We are going to Couples Swept Away and then to Couples Sans Souci in 12 days. I booked everything seperately but only because we had a Westjet voucher that could only be used on the flight. Try pricing out the resorts you want on Expedia.ca using the "build my own vacation" option. This will give you the rate per night at each resort as well as what the flight costs. I can't say I agree with the Travel agent formula because you would be paying for 2 return flights that way.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,419 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tips for booking two week vaca at two different resorts

I am sorry, I always forget that it is different booking in Canada then booking here in the US. But I agree with Marnie, the formula the travelagent is using will double you airfare costs.

Canada
Level Contributor
247 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tips for booking two week vaca at two different resorts

well actually your not paying for an extra air fare but it's just a way of averaging the price, you don't want to pay the price of a two week resort when one of them is cheaper, heres an example . the yellow resort is 2000.00 for two weeks that is all inclusive air fare included, the red resort is 3000.00 for two weeks all inclusive. if you add them together 5000,00 then divide in half you will pay 2500.00 for two weeks.

Canada
Level Contributor
247 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tips for booking two week vaca at two different resorts

to finish the previous post, when you actually look at the price you are only paying 1250.00 per week . lol confusing but this way you can still get the value of a charter and stay at two different resorts by averaging, now to find two resorts that we can afford and like, I have been looking at the Sunset at the palms, we would love to try Negril this time and maybe Ocho Rios :)

7. Re: tips for booking two week vaca at two different resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2011, 06:24