We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 Apple Square Deal Adults Only Canceled!!

Wisconsin, USA
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
5 Apple Square Deal Adults Only Canceled!!

We have had our trip booked for more than 2 months and we decided to go with the adults only square deal. Our trip is jan 16th-23 and my agent just called me and told me apple called and said there are NO 5 or 6 apple adult hotels available they are completely booked! So now we have to decide if we want to do. Breezes is also completely booked. The only thing available is the RUI properties but only the 5 apple. Very frustrating. But thought I would share with the other apple customers who also booked this. Hope you had better luck and actually got the deal!

Fond du Lac...
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 Apple Square Deal Adults Only Canceled!!

Oh no!! Thats terrible!!! We booked a 5 Apple Adults Only Sqaure Deal too. We leave Jan. 13th. I had some other person from TripAdvisor text me this morning and he was doing the same deal. He said he got Secrets St James, Montego Bay. I hope we dont recieve a phone call! I am really looking foward to the trip! Sorry to hear, I hope everything works out.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 Apple Square Deal Adults Only Canceled!!

You mean you booked and paid 2 months ago and now they are cancelling? Is this correct?

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 Apple Square Deal Adults Only Canceled!!

Too bad. With consideration to all of the posts speculating on which resort it could possibly be and the misinformation travel agents were passing on to their clients it makes me wonder if in fact there ever was a 5 Apple Square Adult Deal or perhaps it was wishful thinking by Apple they would have one and in the end became false advertising so they had no choice but to cancel it.

suburban chicago
Level Contributor
303 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 Apple Square Deal Adults Only Canceled!!

thats bogus

Milford, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 Apple Square Deal Adults Only Canceled!!

Just another reason I don't like booking my clients with Apple Vacations and definitely not the "surprise" resort packages.

But it almost makes me wonder if the travel agent in question might have screwed up the booking and is blaming Apple Vacations????

Very sad either way....hopefully you can get something worked out.

Fond du Lac...
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 5 Apple Square Deal Adults Only Canceled!!

I just called Apple and they looked up my booking number and everything looks good. TCHarb, does your Travel Documents say 5 Apple Adults Only Square Deal? Just double checking that your Travel Agent didnt accidently book you on a regular 5 Apple Square Deal. Like I said, I hope everything works out.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
148 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 5 Apple Square Deal Adults Only Canceled!!

That is VERY frustrating and hard to believe! I have booked the 5 Apple Square Deal and have been sent to Riu Tropical Bay and Riu Ocho Rios (2x) but had not heard of an Adults Only Square Deal. I would have definitely booked that. I was at Riu OR in 2008 and 2009 and had a really nice time. No big negatives, really - nice people, good food, great beach & pools. There was a wait for the restaurants if you weren't part of a wedding party or paid for upgraded rooms, but you could go to them as often as you liked, and generally only one was closed an evening. There were not many children that I noticed, and I am generally sensitive to that, so I'd have to say they were not an issue. Actually there were adult groups that were drunk, loud and annoying, but I think that can be an issue at any AI. I wonder if Apple would pull some strings for you, in your circumstance, and book you into a Sandals somewhere? Good luck with your vacation, and I hope you have a great time!

8. Re: 5 Apple Square Deal Adults Only Canceled!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 January 2011, 14:58
Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,392 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 5 Apple Square Deal Adults Only Canceled!!

Yes Secrets is adult only.

Wisconsin, USA
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 5 Apple Square Deal Adults Only Canceled!!

Yes, we booked two months ago and paid in full and our booking does say Adults only. So everything is booked besides the RIU properties (except for the palace). So they gave us some credits per my "request" :) and we are staying in Negril RIU instead of Mobay. We will try to make the best of it and not let it ruin our trip but it sure does suck. And for the groups that are staying at Secrets or wherever else the put you, have a few drinks for us and have fun!